• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    What's your favorite pistol red dot with auto-on/shake awake, and why? Which has the largest viewing window? Its not for concealed carry so size doesn't matter. Thanks!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    What's your favorite pistol red dot with auto-on/shake awake, and why? Which has the largest viewing window? Its not for concealed carry so size doesn't matter. Thanks!

Another vote for Holosun.

For my eyes (and everyone is different), they have the best optical quality, the dot seems crisp and the quality of the product has been excellent.

Side load battery. Solar backup. Dot or circle dot choices.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Biggest window is likely the Trijicon SRO but I don't believe it has shake awake. Leupold Delta Point Pro is also known for having a large window and does have what Leupold calls Motion Sensor Technology (aka shake awake).

I don't have any experience with either of them personally, but both seem to be fine optics. I run a Holosun 507c with the ACSS Vulcan reticle on my EDC and I like it a lot.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    best glass and largest window I vote for Leupold Delta Point. I have 3 and they work great. Holosun is a great optic and easier on the wallet.
    Have not used the SRO yet
    Sig Romero 1 PRO is also a good choice I have them on a couple P320's

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have a couple of Sig Romeo pros on 320’s and love then, have a DPP and glass size is similar, but never as clear after I stick my finger in there on the ONE button it has to control brightness, on/off. It’s hard for me to not touch the glass. Not a fan of the one button. YMMV.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    IMO - if it's for a defensive gun, I'd personally opt for an always-on dot over a motion-activated one.

If for range-use - then go with whatever you want within the budget.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    IMO - if it's for a defensive gun, I'd personally opt for an always-on dot over a motion-activated one.

If for range-use - then go with whatever you want within the budget.
    I leave mine on generally, except for the DPP because of infrequent use and the terrible battery life (1600 hours) and I have a hard time finding them ever off (I also have a Trijicon RMR but this thread is about the larger windows). Just the slightest movement turns them on. You really have to sneak up on them and not wiggle the shelf.
    Is your experience different?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Here is a semi recent thread covering all sorts of topics related to using a red dot sight on a pistol. It starts out more about the learning curve, so if you're already using red dots there may be a lot to skim over, but I'm sure at some point there is more about the various offerings out there and people's thoughts on using them.

Probably a bunch of off-topic stuff in there too, like a recipe for pineapple upside down cake. It is INGO after all and threads do seem to drift around here.

Top Bottom