• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Just curious … natural gas prices out here in Commiefornica just doubled in the last 30 days.

My bill was $158 last month, my statement this morning was $298.47. Same volume of gas.

What’s it looking like in Indiana?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think they said ours was going up 40% but not sure if that is where it ended up. My bill was up, but how much was weather and how much a price increase.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well, you do realize that natural gas is now one of the new bad guys, right? They're just trying to help you do the right thing and support your local "green" initiatives.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Same usage here. Just paid the current NIPSCO bill. It was around $100 more this time.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Propane is up too. Luckily I use it for convenience. Wood is just my time and a byproduct of my milling.

Oh, I do cut a lot of it with a solar charged electric chainsaw <- that’s for the folks who are easily riled up.
    But But But... the TREES! You are killing the trees! Doesn't matter what type of saw you use. It's not like they just grow back you know!

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    The service & delivery fee is killing me. I only have a furnace & the fee used to be $16 now it has doubled.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's up but I'm okay since my daughter works for the gas company and as long as she keeps making more money and getting bigger bonuses, I have a chance that she will be able to take care of me in my old age.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Supply & demand at work. We've doubled exports over the last 4.5 years. Imports (almost entirely from Canada) are flat or declining. Domestic production has increased, but so has consumption and largely at the same pace. The "reshoring" of manufacturing brings energy demands back home. All of this has made for some wild swings in the market, and why I've been advocating for pipeline companies as an investment for awhile now. The pipelines are full regardless of price swings and are largely insulated from spikes and dips in the market. Exports aren't slowing down, and as China manufacturing ramps back up the global energy market will respond with higher prices again. I suspect the only reason we don't export more now is simply infrastructure constraints....which makes infrastructure valuable.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    But But But... the TREES! You are killing the trees! Doesn't matter what type of saw you use. It's not like they just grow back you know!
    Trees don’t grow on trees. Because they are not epiphytes!

I get people asking me about replanting after I cut. I let them know here in the southern woods we cut timber in self defense. I’ve had open fields reclaimed by the forest in less than a decade.

Oh, and the 16 and 28” Dewalt electric chainsaws don’t suck. They’ve become my goto saws for just about everything but felling and bucking larger timber.

Glad I don’t have to rely on some faceless international corporation to provide my heat!

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Glad I don’t have to rely on some faceless international corporation to provide my heat!
    If you think you are going to burn wood and be left alone, might want to see what is on the left’s agenda. I have wondered how the sheeple will react when told they cannot use the fire pits so many installed.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Just curious … natural gas prices out here in Commiefornica just doubled in the last 30 days.

My bill was $158 last month, my statement this morning was $298.47. Same volume of gas.

What’s it looking like in Indiana?
    Mine went up . . . maybe about 20%. Rate hikes in Indiana seem to have been regional in percentage. I'd have to do the calculation on it using successive bills. If that's the Commiefornia rate hike, it further reinforces that happiness was Commiefornia in my rear view mirror in nearly 30 years ago.

Last edited:

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    I have wondered how the sheeple will react when told they cannot use the fire pits so many installed.

No new wood burning fireplaces allowed out here in 'Fornia for about five years now. Consequently repair parts (damper, spark arrestors, etc.) for the three wood burning fireplaces I have are becoming difficult to find. BUT ... you can install GAS fueled fireplaces, no problem (other than fuel).

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No new wood burning fireplaces allowed out here in 'Fornia for about five years now. Consequently repair parts (damper, spark arrestors, etc.) for the three wood burning fireplaces I have are becoming difficult to find. BUT ... you can install GAS fueled fireplaces, no problem (other than fuel).
    And TPTB have even more control of the gas fueled…

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    What kind of usage time do you get with a full charge?
    Depends on the battery. My 9ah on the 18” will cut about the equivalent of a half tank of fuel for my Stihl 029. I’m going to be getting some 12ah. If I make occasional cuts rather than one after another the battery cools better and I get more life out of it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It is only export demand driving the cost up facilitated by....

Top Bottom