• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Propane is up too. Luckily I use it for convenience. Wood is just my time and a byproduct of my milling.

Oh, I do cut a lot of it with a solar charged electric chainsaw <- that’s for the folks who are easily riled up.

I bought the gardener an electric chain saw, MSA220C, she likes it and gets good use out of it. The same batteries drive her lawnmower. I've found it useful for working in tops that are on the ground.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Depends on the battery. My 9ah on the 18” will cut about the equivalent of a half tank of fuel for my Stihl 029. I’m going to be getting some 12ah. If I make occasional cuts rather than one after another the battery cools better and I get more life out of it.
    Cut, split, load, repeat sounds like the ticket then

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Depends on the battery. My 9ah on the 18” will cut about the equivalent of a half tank of fuel for my Stihl 029. I’m going to be getting some 12ah. If I make occasional cuts rather than one after another the battery cools better and I get more life out of it.

My DeWalt chain saw is some of the best tool money I've spent in a long time. It's perfect for clearing trails and blow downs and not have to think about, or haul gas with you. I throw it in the tool basket on the Kubota, and between the saw and the front grapple, there's not much I can't take care of. With about three 9ah batteries, I can work most of a day (or longer than I want to).

Top Bottom