• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Let us know if it’s worth almost a 2 hour trip please. I loved it as a kid my dad would buy all kinds of cool stuff at the flea market. But the last time I went 6-7 years ago it seemed small and had a lot of junk.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Let us know if it’s worth almost a 2 hour trip please. I loved it as a kid my dad would buy all kinds of cool stuff at the flea market. But the last time I went 6-7 years ago it seemed small and had a lot of junk.
    Your grandkids (young ones in your life) would probably think all that JUNK is cool your dad probably thought he was buying junk too lol make the trip

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Your grandkids (young ones in your life) would probably think all that JUNK is cool your dad probably thought he was buying junk too lol make the trip
    Grandkids dang I am not that old. Lol He would buy old camping gear, guns, knives, fishing items, and tools. That kind of cool stuff. Last time I went it was woodworking (which I do so maybe I am old) Chinese toys, and shirts/flags that’s the junk I’m taking about. If I can buy it from Amazon I don’t need to make the drive.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Grandkids dang I am not that old. Lol He would buy old camping gear, guns, knives, fishing items, and tools. That kind of cool stuff. Last time I went it was woodworking (which I do so maybe I am old) Chinese toys, and shirts/flags that’s the junk I’m taking about. If I can buy it from Amazon I don’t need to make the drive.
    Lol I didn’t know if you were born the same time as your screen name my apologies. When I went last year there was ALOT of junk. (It was my first time going) but there was a lot of cool stuff also. I’d say 55/45 junk having the slight upper hand?

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    ....the Chinese junk is what they mostly have up the hill on the east end....sheepsheds are still worth a walk thru, found my 1898 Krag there a few years ago, like I mentioned Flintlocks Inc, now run by Jerry Eders son is my neighbor as the crow flies, chance to chew the fat with old buddies...the flea market in town is hit or miss but a surprise or two still pops up now and again.....buddy of mine lives down that way, we go over to hang out and see what kind of trouble we can stir up, lol...plan on being there Saturday!

Last edited:

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Lol I didn’t know if you were born the same time as your screen name my apologies. When I went last year there was ALOT of junk. (It was my first time going) but there was a lot of cool stuff also. I’d say 55/45 junk having the slight upper hand?
    I was just giving you a heat time. I was building my chevelle when I came up with that name. I was born in 1982.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Plenty of pictures and after visit reports for us that cannot attend. Would be greatly appreciated. Particularly how the primitive side is doing (keeping my fingers crossed for a comeback) and if the flea market is all china junk.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I went Fri. The primate side wasn't crowded, but it was just Fri. Beautiful day, booths looked to be about 25% occupied. The line was already full of trucks and trunks, I suppose they will be there all week. Trap range is beautiful with its new loading stations.
    Flea markets are about the same- one man's junk is another man's treasure. Pineapple whip guy is there and plenty of food vendors at F'sip Ass. Flea mkt. Looks to be a good time!

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    Went today, got some good deals. Saw a very pristine Beretta 85F with three 13rnd mags. He wanted $800 though.

Lots of guns but no real deals.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    I went Fri. The primate side wasn't crowded, but it was just Fri. Beautiful day, booths looked to be about 25% occupied. The line was already full of trucks and trunks, I suppose they will be there all week. Trap range is beautiful with its new loading stations.
    Flea markets are about the same- one man's junk is another man's treasure. Pineapple whip guy is there and plenty of food vendors at F'sip Ass. Flea mkt. Looks to be a good time!

Wishful thinking on my end hoping primitive has a resurgence.

I don't go to the flea markets but did spend the day at the NMLRA vendor area and shot the woods walk. It was pretty crowded honestly. The woods walk is a good setup as always, glad to see them using orange paint some this year. As always, I didn't get them all but had a great time and hit a good amount of the shots

Glad to hear it was busy.

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    ....in the FWIW categorey....this was my larder from Friendship.....bought the Beaver Bill throwing knife and found the sheath that fit from another vendor, like my buddy said "probably for the money couldn't have made a better sheath"....the Damascus knife and sheath was a trade for a tool I no longer need that my buddy wanted.....

Attachments

• IMG_20230611_110219.jpg
      IMG_20230611_110219.jpg
      335.7 KB · Views: 16
    Top Bottom