• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I am just sayin.I been looking for one of these for a while , nobody has one they want to sell? I went to multiple gun stores on line and they dont have any,looked at a lot of sites,all out of stock.A lot of people say they are worthless , but nobody wants to sell theirs.Go figure , I finally got to a site that had one,bought immediatlly and am happy to have found one.These little suckers are hard to find.JUST SAYIN. have a great weekend.PS if anybody wants to sell theirs let me know , thanks.
    Before Mitch D. Was our governor our office had a don’t ask don’t tell policy, once Mitch came on board he found out about this and put a no gun policy in place. I have one of these, so I put it in my watch pocket and carried it till he was gone. Always carry a gun. Thank you Col. Cooper.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    At intended distance how accurate would you need to be?

“Enough,” LOL. IMO, shot placement trumps most other factors, with sufficient penetration being a very close equal. Without those, not much else matters, especially with a caliber as inadequate as .22LR and even more so in a tiny single action revolver. Better than a sharp stick? Sure. But you still need to do your part as the shooter!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I had a Green Beret, Seal, Army Ranger, Paratrooper, Sniper tell he could hit the head of a silhouette target at 50 yards shooting from the hip with his .22 short Mini Revolver. He claimed that was "tough enough."

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    “Enough,” LOL. IMO, shot placement trumps most other factors, with sufficient penetration being a very close equal. Without those, not much else matters, especially with a caliber as inadequate as .22LR and even more so in a tiny single action revolver. Better than a sharp stick? Sure. But you still need to do your part as the shooter!
    Ok what are you doing tomorrow? Head down this way and we can evict the goats from the range area.

We can run some accuracy test out to about 40 yards. To see how it fares.

In all seriousness I am fairly certain it was not designed to be a paper slayer at distances much farther than personal space distances. While agreed placement is everything. If things have gone so far South that you are using the in case of emergency break glass tool you have far bigger problems. My point was really that as a last resort it really does not have to be a bullseye gun at close distrances.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Ok what are you doing tomorrow? Head down this way and we can evict the goats from the range area.

We can run some accuracy test out to about 40 yards. To see how it fares.

In all seriousness I am fairly certain it was not designed to be a paper slayer at distances much farther than personal space distances. While agreed placement is everything. If things have gone so far South that you are using the in case of emergency break glass tool you have far bigger problems. My point was really that as a last resort it really does not have to be a bullseye gun at close distrances.

True. But I don’t think the comment you replied to regarding the difficulty of shooting these little guns accurately had a lot to do with the inherent accuracy of the gun itself, but rather the shooter’s ability to control such a small firearm. The gun could be a freaking laser beam, but if it’s too small for you to grip and index properly, you’ll likely still miss vitals (and you only have one shot before you have to cock the hammer for another try).

I know people carry these as a “last resort,” but I could probably think of a dozen other options that would be a better choice. That was my point. They’re fun guns, but I don’t personally consider them practical for “serious” use. YMMV.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i have a laser on mine can hit a 12" steel plate every shot with it at 30 yards.....i have killed 2 dogs with mine at around 3 feet......

learn to use it and it will perform will

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I never said it COULDN’T do the job. But if I had the choice between a squirt gun and a fire extinguisher to put out a fire, why use the squirt gun? “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.” Same applies here. Better options exist.

Use what you want and what you think will work best for you. I’m not here to judge, but I know I would use other options long before considering an NAA.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    True. But I don’t think the comment you replied to regarding the difficulty of shooting these little guns accurately had a lot to do with the inherent accuracy of the gun itself, but rather the shooter’s ability to control such a small firearm. The gun could be a freaking laser beam, but if it’s too small for you to grip and index properly, you’ll likely still miss vitals (and you only have one shot before you have to cock the hammer for another try).

I know people carry these as a “last resort,” but I could probably think of a dozen other options that would be a better choice. That was my point. They’re fun guns, but I don’t personally consider them practical for “serious” use. YMMV.

One of my oldest and dearest friends (R.I.P.) was the national enforcer for the Bandidos M.C. ......he was a very serious person ! He also carried one of these mini revolvers in his back pocket.... always.
    Although he carried a few bullets inside his body, being thrown from a horse is what eventually killed him. Go figure !
    He also always had a Browning High Power with him, but he loved that little revolver.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Right there with you. At Minimum for me at least a P365. I am in full agreement something that small has no purpose for ME. I have large hands and lack fine motor skills. In order to excel I require standard size controls and feautures.

Top Bottom