My, what nice guys (killed over 20 of neighbor’s cats)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is a fine line between critter control, and being a sadistic a-hole. I'd say the line is crossed when you gleefully tell the owner what you did.

Its your prerogative to dispatch nuisance animals on your property. I dont like it as a cat lover, but its your property. As long as you dont take joy from dispatching them, you are normal. If you ENJOY killing the cats, well... I have nothing good to say about you.

Ive dispatched a couple nuisance cats myself many years ago when I was a teen. They were coming onto our rural property attacking our cat. I didnt relish doing it, but it was necessary.

But to gloat about it to the owner? Thats messed up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You know how to make a cat sound like a dog? throw some gasoline on and and light a match. Whooooof!

You know how to make a dog sound like a cat? Freeze it and run it through a band saw. Meeeeeeowwwwww.

:lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a fine line between critter control, and being a sadistic a-hole. I'd say the line is crossed when you gleefully tell the owner what you did.

Its your prerogative to dispatch nuisance animals on your property. I dont like it as a cat lover, but its your property. As long as you dont take joy from dispatching them, you are normal. If you ENJOY killing the cats, well... I have nothing good to say about you.

Ive dispatched a couple nuisance cats myself many years ago when I was a teen. They were coming onto our rural property attacking our cat. I didnt relish doing it, but it was necessary.

Truth and proof positive they are on Darwin's list if he ever catches up. His workload is heavy.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    A little boy was sitting on the curb with a gallon of turpentine, shaking it up and watching all the bubbles.
    A while later a Priest came along and asked the little boy what he had.
    The little boy replied, 'This is the most powerful liquid in the world, it's called turpentine.'
    The Priest said, 'No, the most powerful liquid in the world is Holy Water. If you take some of this Holy Water and rub it on a pregnant woman's belly, she'll pass a healthy baby.'
    The little boy replied, 'You take some of this turpentine and rub it on a cat's ass, he'll pass a Harley Davidson.'

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    An old man I knew said he and his buddy played a game called "sail cats"

They'd search the roadside for flat cats and then see who could throw theirs the farthest.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Not to overcomplicate, but what if we were talking about dogs vs cats?
    Several years ago a guy near Demotte shot a couple dogs that were on his property. It got a lot of attention from the media. He got death threats. I don't think he was ever charged with anything. It was discussed on INGO.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Hardheaded ignorance cannot be fixed so it would have been easier to tune up the neighbor than the fracking dog.

Also.....keep you pie hole shut.

People need to stop putting human traits on animals as they are merely that, animals. Some can show affection and be very pet like as they love the warm comfortable security and regular food. But they are still animals.
    Yes, as are dogs and all the rest. I’ve seen what “pet” dogs can do when they get together in a pack. Everybody has their priorities all ****ed up. Many people freaked out over Dr. Falsey and puppy research, but didn’t bat an eye over experimental drugs being mandated for humans, even children.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Can't see much to disagree with. Although not knowing the neighbor... I've had a couple while I might not gloat, I might just mention it to them.

And in the spirit of full disclosure, I have two outdoor cats. Well I have one and my cat has one. :dunno: We couldn't keep the one in the house or a kennel, he earned his name Houdini. And won't use a litter box. He was one of three we got from a crazy cat lady, she was moving and had found homes for all that she could catch except these 3 kittens. Long story short, we ended up with all three. We found homes for 2 of them and kept the third.

I'd be upset if someone dispatched them, but I would understand. The one my cat adopted is blind and doesn't stray much more than 15 ft from the house. Mine will leave the yard but not by much he stays within earshot. Both are fixed and up to date on all shots.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can't see much to disagree with. Although not knowing the neighbor... I've had a couple while I might not gloat, I might just mention it to them.

And in the spirit of full disclosure, I have two outdoor cats. Well I have one and my cat has one. :dunno: We couldn't keep the one in the house or a kennel, he earned his name Houdini. And won't use a litter box. He was one of three we got from a crazy cat lady, she was moving and had found homes for all that she could catch except these 3 kittens. Long story short, we ended up with all three. We found homes for 2 of them and kept the third.

I'd be upset if someone dispatched them, but I would understand. The one my cat adopted is blind and doesn't stray much more than 15 ft from the house. Mine will leave the yard but not by much he stays within earshot. Both are fixed and up to date on all shots.
    So your cat is a better pet owner than many people we know. amazing and good on the cat.

I guess.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So your cat is a better pet owner than many people we know. amazing and good on the cat.

I guess.
    He "adopted" it after we had a house fire and were out of the house for 9-10 months. We didn't want to move him and couldn't keep him in the rental. We were close (less than a block away) so we were there at least once a day(usually more) to keep him fed, watered, give him attention,etc. Various strays would show up and he might tolerate them for a day or two when it was cold, but then kick them out. This one he allowed to stay. As soon as we realized she was staying off to the clinic to get broken and shots.

We're guessing it was under 6mos old at the time and almost completely blind. About all it can see is light and dark. Unless we corner her about the only time we can touch it is sometimes if it's eating or if it's loving on our cat and thinks us touching it is him. Doesn't bite or scratch, will just try to get away.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Anybody remember the yellow signs stuck on car windows with a suction cup in about the 90's? Baby on board was the most popular. Saw one that said "Missing your cat? Check under my tires"
    I had one that said "Cats, natures speed bumps". One day a old man told me he didn't like it. LOL. Hotrod buddy of mine had a old red truck, he took a sharpy and drawed a stick figure of a cat on front fender and then put marks down under it to keep score of cats he ran over....you had to crack up every time you saw it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He "adopted" it after we had a house fire and were out of the house for 9-10 months. We didn't want to move him and couldn't keep him in the rental. We were close (less than a block away) so we were there at least once a day(usually more) to keep him fed, watered, give him attention,etc. Various strays would show up and he might tolerate them for a day or two when it was cold, but then kick them out. This one he allowed to stay. As soon as we realized she was staying off to the clinic to get broken and shots.

We're guessing it was under 6mos old at the time and almost completely blind. About all it can see is light and dark. Unless we corner her about the only time we can touch it is sometimes if it's eating or if it's loving on our cat and thinks us touching it is him. Doesn't bite or scratch, will just try to get away.
    That is pretty cool. That your cat took it in.
    Hell we need more people like that.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    We have several cats at our farm. They get fed everyday. The number varies from a couple to more than I want. We have given some away when there are too many. I am not really a fan, though they are cute and funny. Wife likes them, names them and plays with them so they stay. What ever the wife wants she gets, she is the best.

Have dispatched a couple, one wanted to attack us when we fed it. The third time it bit my hand as I was putting food out it died. They usually keep the place mouse/rat/mole free but have dropped the ball on moles lately. The yard is a mess with them.
    Neighbor about 3/4 mile away has 3 large dogs. Two of them are aggressive. The hunter that leases property near us has them on a game cam and called the owner. He notified the DNR, lots of money to have deer spooked by running dogs during hunting season. Last time they showed upon our place one growled at us, I had a 12 gauge full of buck on him but the wife wouldn't let me do it. She has killed feral dogs before but didn't want me to shoot this time.
    I am hoping the visit from the DNR has changed the owners habits .

Don

Top Bottom