My, what nice guys (killed over 20 of neighbor’s cats)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Had a buddy that was having problems with a neighbor's dog, one day he peppered it with rock salt and then called the neighbor and told him to come over and get the dog.

He told us about it the day it happened. A couple of days later he told us that the neighbor had taken the dog to the vet to be treated for the injuries and then called the shooter and told him that if he paid the vet bills they'd call it square. My buddy used a couple of choice words in his response that related to where the neighbor could place the bill for safe keeping'

My advice to him at that point was to pay the bill, by the guy dinner and wash his car as he'd set himself up for very large problems. He basically told me to do the same with my advice that he'd told the neighbor to do with the bill.

Long story short it cost the shooter about $25k to stay out of jail on felony animal cruelty charges since he openly admitted he wasn't trying to kill the dog, only hurt it.

YMMV.

I'll agree with the stupid idiots part. Would it have been better for them to turn them over to animal control to be killed? That's what happens with feral cats around me.
    around here, they are trying to trap them, neuter/spay and then release them. i'm not sure how well it will work, but it makes some people feel less bad about trapping them and turning them in.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    around here, they are trying to trap them, neuter/spay and then release them. i'm not sure how well it will work, but it makes some people feel less bad about trapping them and turning them in.
    Yeah, they do that some places. I don't believe my locality is one of them though. I believe it's take to the vet, vet checks them out and decides if they are adoptable, if they are they go to the shelter if there is room, if not adoptable...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My dog (RIP) got along fine with cats. Here she is with a big male tom that we inherited from DoggyMama's aunt. That cat hated everybody at first, until he figured out that we were a cat-friendly house. He really came out of his shell then, but he was old, and we only had him for about 6 months before he passed away. I'm glad he found out that people weren't so scary after all.

ABh1hiU.jpg

And here she is with our first cat. They pretty much grew up together and were best buds. :)

ToQEdq2.jpg

They liked playing together too...

This is our current cat, Chunkadoodle.

lof2SSE.jpg

Oh don't get me wrong, our dogs got along with our (their) cats just fine. They just didn't care for interlopers. I've had more than one neighbor knock on my door asking if we'd seen their cat, "the 'yotes probably got 'em, sorry".

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I once got a ticket and it involved a dead cat.

Driving the speed limit. Main Street in a small Indiana town. Nice spring day with warm sun. Fluffy white cat comes running across the street and “thump” flat cat.
    So I stop and go pick the poor cat up to get it out of the road and like I said flat cat.

Some women comes out of the house. “You hit my cats?” I need your drivers license and your insurance card. “That cat was 350 dollars at the pet store and I want insurance to pay for it?”

Now being the nice guy I am I said “I admit I hit your cat and I also admit I feel bad about it.” “Here is twenty dollars for a new cat cause that’s what cats are worth not 350”

She started over and then called the cops.
    When they showed up the cops wrote me a ticket. FOR ARGUING ABOUT THE PRICE OF ***** on a PUBLIC HIGHWAY.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    And a wasted call that would be as we have tried it.
    Cats rats and dogs. We have had issues with all 3 brought on by asshat crazy neighbors.
    To the north we had a Hispanic family that had free range chickens and rabbits.
    The rabbits went with them as did the chickens when they moved. But they put food out on the ground and in bowls for the menagerie and that brough in the Ferrall cats and possums and raccoons. We were trapping and ending at least 3 to 4 a week for the next couple of months.
    Then the crazy cat lady moved into that house and the cycle started again. I have discussed this in here before. The damage cats do sucks.
    I agree with those who say those were not pets. They were destructive Farrell animals. The serve no purpose.

Now we have no idea what has taken place leading up to all of this. I am sure it is much more than was reported.

My neighbor told me his philosophy. He called it "The 3 S's"

Shoot
    Shovel and
    Shut up

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Back in the early 80's when I lived in WI, we got a bunch of Hmongs in town. Shortly after there were fewer strays....
    Same thing happened in the Linda Vista area of San Diego when the Vietnamese came into the country only not cats but dogs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hardheaded ignorance cannot be fixed so it would have been easier to tune up the neighbor than the fracking dog.

Also.....keep you pie hole shut.

People need to stop putting human traits on animals as they are merely that, animals. Some can show affection and be very pet like as they love the warm comfortable security and regular food. But they are still animals.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I love the outdoors and wildlife.....domestic cats have no business out in the wild, keep your pets on your property. The amount of birds cats kill are multi millions every year. Those idiots saved a lot of birds, but guess nobody likes song birds. SSS.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I once got a ticket and it involved a dead cat.

Driving the speed limit. Main Street in a small Indiana town. Nice spring day with warm sun. Fluffy white cat comes running across the street and “thump” flat cat.
    So I stop and go pick the poor cat up to get it out of the road and like I said flat cat.

Some women comes out of the house. “You hit my cats?” I need your drivers license and your insurance card. “That cat was 350 dollars at the pet store and I want insurance to pay for it?”

Now being the nice guy I am I said “I admit I hit your cat and I also admit I feel bad about it.” “Here is twenty dollars for a new cat cause that’s what cats are worth not 350”

She started over and then called the cops.
    When they showed up the cops wrote me a ticket. FOR ARGUING ABOUT THE PRICE OF ***** on a PUBLIC HIGHWAY.
    Another example of the overreach of LEO and the idiocy of people.
    If the cat was worth that much and you were stupid enough to pay it then keep the same thing contained.
    I made the mistake of gathering up a stupid poodle that ran in front of me a long time ago. I found the owner to give them their stupid dog back and ended up in a serious fist fight and almost went to jail over it.

If you cannot contain you pet, then **** you and sorry about the pet that is doing exactly what animals want to do. Run free. So deal with the ownership or don't own one.

Top Bottom