• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I could have placed this in the Break Room, but I know it will turn political so might as well start it here.

My wife had business meetings in Portland so we went early and stayed at a place on the beach before heading to the city. The coastline is absolutely stunningly beautiful. Rocky, steep cliffs, usually foggy in the morning. The high each day was only 65 in mid-August! I absolutely loved it, I could easily be talked into living there.

I also visited a WWII era Navy blimp hanger that is now a museum. It is entirely made out of wood and could hold 8 blimps at once!

Portland, on the other hand, is absolutely overrun by the homeless living in tents. They often block the sidewalks. I walked past a guy with a lap full of needles shooting up at two in the afternoon across the street from the Hyatt that we were staying at. There is a great light-rail system that goes all around the city, but very few people use it. I used it extensively at all hours and there were never more than 6 other people on a train with me, and half of them appeared to be the homeless/addict type.

The people were actually very, very nice, at least the ones not yelling at imaginary people.

I did enjoy touring a post -WWII submarine that was decommissioned in the 90's.

008.jpg
    004.jpg
    006.jpg
    015.jpg
    018.jpg
    019.jpg
    020.jpg
    022.jpg
    023.jpg
    024.jpg

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Was stationed at Ft Lewis back in’80,’81 and had a buddy from Portland. Went there several times, was a beautiful place back then. Too bad the liberals let it go to s***. Or maybe that’s what they wanted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rob, looks like you visited a few more places than se did. We never ventured far into the city of Portland. Everyone was nice except for one barista at the Peet’s I got my coffee from every morning. She was kinda crabby.

We spent most of our time there driving on the beech, and exploring around Astoria.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Beautiful pics (mostly, you know what I mean). Thanks for the views.

Submarine, no thanks. Don’t care if it is floating.
    Every boat/ship can sink... ONCE.

what about the u505. It's in the basement of the Museum of Sci & Industry in Chicago?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had to go to Portland a few years ago for a conference, a horrible place. The drive from the airport to the city you can see the homeless encampments up in the woodline and all the trash coming down the embankment, so much for the environment. Downtown is about as you described, homeless and people on every corner shouting for some cause or another.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Used to be a beautiful city! I grew up in Oregon and I worked in the Federal Building downtown 1976-79. Downtown had parks and riverfront walks that could match the best known. City was clean and the people open and friendly. Still have family in suburbs and used to visit often. Thanks to the democrats and displaced Californians now, the best I could describe it is; it is a cesspool.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Beautiful pictures. There in the early 80’s

Albuquerque is now sanctioning special areas for the homeless camps. I drive out of north of town and go home heading east. I often cut down thru city streets to get to I-40 and miss the Big I traffic jam. All the sidewalks under the overpasses are pretty much blocked by tents and shopping carts.

I don’t see this plan working well for the businesses in the area. Lots of broken windows and now I guess they are breaking into hair salons and stealing some product they use to either get a fix from, or use in the drug making process.

Stopped at a gas station to use the air hose and it had been cut and stolen by the meth heads.

Glad I live 22 miles out of town, all uphill. My theory is the zombies will walk downhill when TSHTF. Crossed fingers….

Our terminal is surrounded by a 50,000 volt electric fence. Have to lock yourself inside until ready to leave like Mad Max stuff.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It really is unbelievable stuff like what you see in this video is happening in the United States.

I don't even think many third world countries would allow this level of open drug use, crime, filth, etc.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It really is unbelievable stuff like what you see in this video is happening in the United States.

I don't even think many third world countries would allow this level of open drug use, crime, filth, etc.

Progressive wet dream come true.

The real crime is that taxpayers are forced to subsidize this bull****.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Every boat/ship can sink... ONCE.

what about the u505. It's in the basement of the Museum of Sci & Industry in Chicago?
    It is NOT in the basement of MSI!
    The museum built a climate control building to house U505 to get it out of the elements as it was outside in Chicago weather for years.

Top Bottom