• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    This past year, I started looking for another CCO sized 1911. Commander slide on an officer frame my favorite 1911 configuration. I've had a couple in the past but always found a reason to sell them or trade them for the latest and greatest plastic pistol. Or CZs but that's another story. So I started getting the itch for steel and wood in compact 1911 .45 goodness and the search began where it ended last time, but I never bought one. With the Dan Wesson PM-C. Well come to find out they have discontinued that model. So my search went elsewhere but for the life of me I could only find CCO 1911s in 9mm. Or if they were 45 they were alloy frames. I wanted STEEL and I didn't want 9mm in my 1911s thank you. So I briefly considered a custom Ed Brown or the like but man 3k was a chunk of change and for something I was planning on for EDC that was to much. Anyway one day perusing Gun Broker low and behold guess what I find. DW PM-C. So I messaged the seller as I have 0 feedback on GB and asked if he was willing to deal with an unrated buyer and he was so I placed my bid. Long story after a bidding war and going over my budget I still lost. Oh well. A few weeks later I find almost half a dozen PM-Cs on GB. I even found one NIB from a dealer in Texas on a penny auction! Well this I won and stayed on budget! In fact I got it for below MSRP after tax and transfer. Took it out today and put some rounds through it and it ran beautifully. I'm not used to the sights. I'm not a fan of the fiber optic. Might have those replaced. But for now just need a good holster and some more officer mags that I swore I still had but can't find. And she'll be my new EDC. Man I've missed the 1911! Just feels like going back home. Anyone else make the switch back to the 1911 recently?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats. I didn’t realize that DW made an all steel CCO. I’ve moved away from plastic guns too but my move took me to the classic Sig P series guns. Various flavors of P229 are what graces my holster now days

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Nice pistol! For some reason Dan Wesson is getting rid of older models and adding a lot of alloy frame models and I do not like it. They even discontinued the ECO which really surprised me (and make me very happy I have mine already in 45).

That being said heck of a time to get back into the 45 AARP game , last time I checked Federal had hardball listed at $1 a round :abused:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nice pistol! For some reason Dan Wesson is getting rid of older models and adding a lot of alloy frame models and I do not like it. They even discontinued the ECO which really surprised me (and make me very happy I have mine already in 45).

That being said heck of a time to get back into the 45 AARP game , last time I checked Federal had hardball listed at $1 a round :abused:
    I imagine after acquiring Colt they may be making room in the lineup for something else. Maybe more revolvers. Maybe DW and Colt will be to much cross competition perhaps one will become the premier brand and the other the "budget" brand for CZ. I REALLY hope they don't screw up DW though and make Colt the budget line if so.

I picked up 3 100rd boxes from Rual King and a bottle of Hoppes for $96 Yesterday. :dunno:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just checked Lucky Gunner and 1k round cases of .45 fmj are readily available for well under a grand. Defensive stuff is still high but it always has been.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Very nice.
    Yep, sold all my 1911's years ago and went plastic fantastic in a big way. Fast forward to January last year. Picked up a Colt 1973 series 70 at a good deal. Have 4 1911;s now and looking for a couple more. Nothing shoots like them.
    BTW, try Rainierarms.com for ammo.:shoot:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Congrats. I didn’t realize that DW made an all steel CCO. I’ve moved away from plastic guns too but my move took me to the classic Sig P series guns. Various flavors of P229 are what graces my holster now days
    Kind of edging in this direction one day. For some reason I find I want a real P225 (from when they were clean, simple and metal and not a1) so it's been added to the (bottom of the) shopping list

Top Bottom