• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I speak from my own "real world" experiences... Like ive already posted, the parts that im saying are solid and which ones aren't are from my own personal experiences and those experiences of people I directly know and heard/seen it from them. Nobody has to follow these lists or parts. This is, as posted in the original post, my personal go-to parts list. It's not all the acceptable parts out there. It's just the ones I like to use. And a combination of the stated parts will make you a good gun.

I've got a few go/no-go gauges. I've got a few hundred different pin gauges because they come as sets, digital micrometer calipers, torque drivers, torque wrenches, erosion gauges, bore alignment rods, several specific task tools to assist in build like a muzzle device wrench, castle nut wrench, receiver extention vise block, magwell vise blocks, reaction rods, barrel dimple alignment block/ drill guides, vises, drill presses, several barrel nut specific wrenches for different types and a ton of misc tools. Im sure I missed a few but still.
    I haven't really found an "armorers wrench" that I've enjoyed.
    But yet you didnt mention a magazine go no go.
    By chance do you have a uncle that lives in Southern Indiana thats a master in 100 different trades?

ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN
    But yet you didnt mention a magazine go no go.
    By chance do you have a uncle that lives in Southern Indiana thats a master in 100 different trades?
    No I don't. And I don't have a magazine well go/no-go yet, but it's on the list, along with the thread class gauges for the receiver extentions. So for the magazine tests, I have an array of different magazines that I test in the lowers. The digital caliper is useful in that department too. I only got so much money, so I am acquiring gauges over time.

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    Weird list. A bit geissele heavy. I mean they make the best triggers around but cmon. And weirdly no giessele CHs. Or raptors or breaches for that matter

ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN
    Weird list. A bit geissele heavy. I mean they make the best triggers around but cmon. And weirdly no giessele CHs. Or raptors or breaches for that matter
    For geissele, I pretty much just stick to their triggers, but I see the value in some other of their parts. Not my favorite, but I'll use them if that's all that's available.

Top Bottom