• ...and so much more!
  • mg_srt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    :popcorn:
    Here is my New M&P pro, also in the image are some of the best self defense ammo you can buy!! (Federal HST'S)
    mppro.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Yummy! The M&P9 Pro Series has to be the best competition pistol value going today. Great buy!

Here is a link to what the famous shooter/trainer Massad Ayoob had to say about the M&P9 Pro... Suffice it to say that he beat his all-time best IDPA scores the first time he shot with it:

GUNS Magazine August 2008 Feature

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've really wanted to see one in person and haven't been able to find one. Is that a grip sleeve on your gun?

Congratulations BTW!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Here is a link to what the famous shooter/trainer Massad Ayoob had to say about the M&P9 Pro... Suffice it to say that he beat his all-time best IDPA scores the first time he shot with it:

GUNS Magazine August 2008 Feature

Mas seemed to really like the M&P9 Pro, thanks for the article.

I had an M&P 45 when the first came out, I thought the gun was pure perfection in regards to ergo's and adaptability. But I thought the trigger system was a complete failure, I hate the hinged trigger and the lack of a positive reset. I also had issues getting spare mags and proper aftermarket sights, so I sold it.

I understand that all of the issues that I previously experienced have been addressed by S&W now, maybe someday I will give the M&P line another try.

mg_srt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    Sorry for the delayed response, it’s a 9mm and I had some trigger smoothing done to mine. It eliminated most of that grittiness, but really I think time would have done the same thing. I have no problems or complaints with the trigger thus far. Extremely happy with my purchase and will list a range report when I get a chance.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Hey great gun!! I bought a S&W M&P .40 about a month ago just got out to shoot it a couple of weeks ago, I was realy impressed with it does not feel like you are shooting a .40 the recoil was light about the same as a 9mm very acruate and has one of the smothest triger pulls of any gun right out of the box, all around great gun. Have fun with your's and dont forget to feed it often,

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have to admit I liked the 9mm M&P Pro that I checked out at Elmore's not to long ago.

Who did you have the trigger smoothing done by?

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Like the gun. I just got mine last week. I have the 45 M&P compact on order.
    Can't retort on shooting yet. Planning to get to the range later this week.

mg_srt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    I had the Burwell trigger job done to smooth out the trigger. I loved my M&P so much that I went out today and bought its little brother the M&P .357c. I will post up pics later and the range report.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have the M&P .40c and love it! I've put about 1000 rounds through it with no problems. It has to be one of the most accurate hand guns out of the box I've shot. The gritty trigger smoothed out after about 500 rounds. Hope you enjoy it! I can wait to get the M&P .40 full size.:rockwoot:

mg_srt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    New Addition to the Family!!

Here is my new M&P .357c, I have to say I love this gun!! I took it to the range a couple hours after I bought it and I was shocked at how awesome it performed!! I was very happy with the low recoil for such a high velocity round. It was very easy to stay on target even when rapid firing. I only put 70rds down range and that was all I needed for confidence, that puppy will be on my ankle from here on out! I didn’t notice any grittiness from the trigger either it was smooth from the get go. I attached a pic of the targets from the range, it may look sporadic, but I was shooting 5rds at a time in different areas to see how tight the clusters would be.
    dsc01669tok.jpg

dsc01668w.jpg

dsc01670j.jpg

Last edited:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    rhino and i wanted to try one of those or the xdm. since i recently acquired an xdm, we're going to see if we can break it. hehe. if the xdm breaks, we'll be trying and m&p next.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    What mg_srt is not saying in his post is that most of those shots were called shots. I was there when he shot those two targets and he was calling where the shots were going to hit (he only had 70 rounds to plink with). So, when it looks like a buckshot pattern, those hits were mostly where he said they would be... Logo... Logo hit... Head... head hit... 9 ring... 9 ring hit. I would say about the only thing he didn't hit was the shoulders when called.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom