• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I had to take my hubby to Indy on Tuesday for an out-patient procedure. Since we had traveled the 120 miles to the doctor, I asked if we could go another 30 miles to Bradis gun shop?

Don’t rely on Google maps to get you there on the first try.

The staff was friendly and greeted us as soon as we walked in the door. We made our way to the back to look for a new S & W revolver and some new grips for my old S & W. That’s when I saw him…”The Judge Public Defender”. They had a number of Judges, but I was interested in the blued Public Defender. I looked it over and he felt good in my hand, but I had decided I wanted a S & W 357 magnum.

So we left and headed over to Bradis II and purchased a “Secure It” lock box, a cleaning kit and some paper targets. Again the staff was very friendly. I thanked the salesman, who was a veteran, for his service to our country and then we headed back toward the interstate. By the time we got the interstate I had changed my mind.

Women do that from time to time.

So back we went. I asked my husband to look it over to make sure I hadn’t missed anything and then we made a deal on it. I was so excited. This was the first time I had actually picked out my own gun and made the initiative to buy one. My first handgun some 20+ years ago my husband picked out for me and since then I have shot his guns too, but never felt like I had one of my own.

We got back from Indy just in time to check on the hog building, change our clothes, and head for Corydon for a funeral visitation. By the time we got back home I was exhausted and getting sick. I went straight to bed.

When my husband came to bed, he asked me if I had secured the judge before going to bed or if he was still on the cabinet. I told him half asleep that I had put him in the safe before we went to Corydon.

That statement woke me up. I thought…”What is he doing in the safe, when he belongs up here in the bedroom with me; protecting me…We’re going to have to do something about that.”

Here’s a picture of my new boy. Still haven't had a chance to give him a good cleaning.
    188_3028.jpg

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    100_0660.jpg

Here is a pic of Our Judges ...

Top 2 1/2 in cylinder 6 1/2 barrel

Middle 3 in magnum cylinder 3 in barrel

bottom is the wifes public defender
    2 1/2 in cylinder 2 in barrel ..

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    This is my first post here. I have three Judges, a s.s. 3in 2.5 chamber judge. A s.s. public defender, and the new polymer public defender. I have shot all three with all kinds of shotshells, and use Winchester PDX1 2.5in .410 as my first 3 rounds with 2 Hornady 225 gr FTX as the last 2. Waiting for the Hornady critical defense .45 colt rounds to replace the FTXS. Great choice of weapon, I have carried my poly public defender every day since before Thanksgiving. Plainfield shooting supplies is where I purchased all the and is my home gun shop. :ar15:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Since a lot of you have posted that you have "Judges" too, can you tell me what you shoot, why you picked that type and about the recoil on each type? I'm going to have to play around with what to use. Thought I'd ask for some advice from the experts.:bowdown:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Since a lot of you have posted that you have "Judges" too, can you tell me what you shoot, why you picked that type and about the recoil on each type? I'm going to have to play around with what to use. Thought I'd ask for some advice from the experts.:bowdown:

For the most Part all the .410 ammo is gonna have about the same recoil , not much noticable diff.

I primarily use the federal .410 handgun ammo , it was made for the judge
    when I carry one ( gonna carry the public defender tomorrow at work )
    I do a Progressive load ..
    1st shot is #4 shot federal handgun

2nd &3rd shots 000 buck federal handgun ammo

4th & 5th shots Defensive load 45 LC hollow points ..

WIth all 3 judges I would compare the recoil to that of a .357
    The 3 inch magnum is a bit more ..but not alot

All are controlable
    The 6 1/2 inch barrel is actually pretty tame
    :ingo:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Judge fun

We got a Judge for my wife to carry in South Dakota dog towns to deal with rattlesnakes. I've since found it's great fun to shoot "mini-skeet" with it. Toss a dove-size clay with your off hand (not too far) and shoot it out of the air with the Judge! It's a hoot! :D

Haven't had to use it on a buzz-tail yet!

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    How does the poly frame version shoot, I would think it kicks like a mad mule? Where are they available? I have heard varying reviews on the Judge, so far you all seem happy, any quality issues?

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    For the most Part all the .410 ammo is gonna have about the same recoil , not much noticable diff.

I primarily use the federal .410 handgun ammo , it was made for the judge
    when I carry one ( gonna carry the public defender tomorrow at work )
    I do a Progressive load ..
    1st shot is #4 shot federal handgun

2nd &3rd shots 000 buck federal handgun ammo

4th & 5th shots Defensive load 45 LC hollow points ..

WIth all 3 judges I would compare the recoil to that of a .357
    The 3 inch magnum is a bit more ..but not alot

All are controlable
    The 6 1/2 inch barrel is actually pretty tame
    :ingo:

Thanks for the information on the shells you use. I'm going to look around and see if I can find some of what you suggested.

I'm glad you mentioned the recoil is compared to a .357. I really like my husbands S & W Highway Patrolman. If my Judge shots anything like that I'm going to really like it. The heavier guns are great for shooting, not so much for carrying.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I don't think you are going to like it. You had better just bring it in to me for disposal;)

That's so generous of you to offer, just like you'll keep taste testing my pecan pies to make sure I perfect my recipe. :):

I think I'll take my chances and keep it. Don't be too disappointed. I'll still make you pie.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    What holster do you use to carry your Polymer Public Defender, HogDaddy?

I just picked one up today and am looking for a holster.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance,

Vanguard.45

Top Bottom