• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    They also seem to forget that Barry removed the rights of millions of people on social security to retain their firearms.

But because that didn't affect them personally, they don't care.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    They also seem to forget that Barry removed the rights of millions of people on social security to retain their firearms.

But because that didn't affect them personally, they don't care.

Old people shooting up schools has got to be stopped.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Meh....

Clowns will vote for a politician without even reading the politician's published opinion regarding individual natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the united States.

Einstein was correct....the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was never prouder of the Republicans in Congress when they stood up to the post Sandy Hook pressure. It had to be tremendous. My congresswoman even attended the gun rally (with open carrying of long guns) in South Bend and spoke. She earned my vote for years to come when she did that.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Natas

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    Kokomo
    My congresswoman even attended the gun rally (with open carrying of long guns) in South Bend and spoke. She earned my vote for years to come when she did that.

Because only conceal carrying of long guns is legal in Indiana. What a rebel.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sorry, we're missing your details...what President was that? This is reality-ville. We don't deal in hypotheticals here.

Nah I can deal with the hypothetical if I wish. If after Sandy Hook there was a Repub pres and they stated that they wanted the bill passed and pushed for it, do you think the Repub majority senate would have been as obstinate about passing it? I don't.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Because only conceal carrying of long guns is legal in Indiana. What a rebel.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. I didnt say anything about anything being illegal or legal.

Perhaps he's looking for a one-way ticket to Coventry? The weather's lovely there this time of year.

He "seems" to have come to a place near his bridge to get someone's goat.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    So is the point of this thread that Americans' rights are safe if Republicans hold the senate so long as the president isn't a Republican? Because that seems to be the reality of the last 12 years.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, none of the infringements of the last 4 years can be directly blamed on the senate.No laws have been passed.

The President could be blamed, because he is supposed to be in charge of the ATF, that has made aggregious regulations that have infringed upon our rights.

Gun owners can also be blamed, because we have not put up a big enough stink about it.

The nra can not be wholely blamed, because they only have 5 million supporters and that is only a handful of total gun owners.

GOA and SAF are even less popular.

We gun owners need to get on the ball and organize to redress our grievances to the President and Congress.

But, no One saith he is of NRA,and another sayeth he is of GOA, yet another of SAF. the media and the Libprogacrats have done too fine a job of divideing us.

So, kiss your *** good bye.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So is the point of this thread that Americans' rights are safe if Republicans hold the senate so long as the president isn't a Republican? Because that seems to be the reality of the last 12 years.

No. It's that they were only safe under Obama because Republicans had the House. And Obama is still super-pissed about that, and has a chance to rectify it under Sleepy Joe.

The obstructive Republican House Majority is now long gone, and Republican control of the Senate (if it even exists, pending the Georgia runoffs) has been reduced to a point were the 2022 Senate map could tilt a few liberal GOP wieners like Romney, Collins, and Murkowski (only one of whom is up for reelection in 2022) back into a position to send the gun control train a different direction in the final 2 years of the incoming administration. Possibly with no prospect of a GOP House to block it.

Honestly right now, the biggest thing protecting our gun rights in Congress, is Coronavirus. America didn't magically stop producing Antidepressant-Popping Emotionally Disturbed Monster Child School Shooters the past couple years. The schools are just mostly empty, and the ED kiddos are happily at home, doing whatever it is ED children who can't handle the social pressure of school attendance do, while they're not handling the social pressure of school attendance.

But vaccines are coming, and America isn't going to keep kiddos out of school forever. Once those are widely available - the Gun Free Zones are going to be full of targets again.

So, long way of saying...if you liked the "safety" your gun rights had under Obama...better be supporting your local Republican Trumper House candidate in 2022.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The only reason we still have the Second Amendment after Obama is that Obamacare was their only priority when they had all of congress and the Whitehouse. They were smart enough to know they couldn't win both. The moves were messed up enough that the dems lost all of congress.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    So, long way of saying...if you liked the "safety" your gun rights had under Obama...better be supporting your local Republican Trumper House candidate in 2022.

Republicans were much firmer on blocking gun rights restrictions before Trump got to set the party agenda.

Top Bottom