• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What gun control laws did the senate send to the president's desk from 2016 to 2020?

Do you think this is a trap question?

The senate didn't send any gun control laws to the president's desk from 2008 to 2020. But only one president found new restrictions in already enacted laws. Had that been Obama, the senate Republicans might have tried to do something. Since it was Trump, they all pretended like that was the most obvious, natural thing.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The senate didn't send any gun control laws to the president's desk from 2008 to 2020.

Exactly. And we repealed some: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...p-sign-bill-blocking-obama-gun-rule/98484106/
    (The news article is misleading, and frames it incorrectly. It rejected people's ability to own a firearm if they didn't control their own financial situation.)
    Meanwhile the ATF has gone rogue and it's going to take legislation of congress to bring them back under control.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trump's executive branch.

Or did Truman's desk say "I'm not responsible for the official actions of those under me"?

This line of **** is among the most offensive trolling done on INGO. Everyone knows the all the alphabet agencies, including ATF, are stocked with career civil servants that cannot be fired by a President. They do not have to get approval from the President to publish their ridiculous opinions. The common belief is that this line, concerning braces, you are espousing was timed to damage Trump. Congratulations for carrying forward and spreading our enemies goals...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump's executive branch.

Or did Truman's desk say "I'm not responsible for the official actions of those under me"?

He did actually drop an order to reign them in. This is why they won't publish their "rules" for what defines a braced pistol vs an SBR.
    The problem is that without congressional legislation, there's not a lot that can be done that they can't simply subvert.

It's really on the senate to do something meaningful about it.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...-rule-law-improved-agency-guidance-documents/
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...ivil-administrative-enforcement-adjudication/

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    iu

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This line of **** is among the most offensive trolling done on INGO. Everyone knows the all the alphabet agencies, including ATF, are stocked with career civil servants that cannot be fired by a President. They do not have to get approval from the President to publish their ridiculous opinions. The common belief is that this line, concerning braces, you are espousing was timed to damage Trump. Congratulations for carrying forward and spreading our enemies goals...

Didn't Trump issue an executive order that would allow him to fire career civil servants?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I posted it, did you read it?

I read news articles about it that said it would allow eliminating civil service protections but I haven't read the EO itself. Was it your interpretation of it that it does or doesn't?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Civil servant is a misnomer. People that make believe they are working while sucking on the government teat.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Yeah...Barry Soetoro just gave you something to suck on:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...of-his-presidency/ar-BB1aZD4v?ocid=uxbndlbing

Your guns (not your sex toys - not your bump stocks - your guns) spent the Obama years sleeping under a blanket of security provided by REPUBLICANS.

And then they abandoned universal reciprocity and hearing protection on a shriek.

And then Trump ordered Sessions to declare that bumpfire stocks "harness recoil energy" and were retroactively machine guns and retroactively illegal since 1986, thus destroying them all.

Thus setting the stage for President Bidet to declare any modern sporting rifle is "readily converted" and is therefore a machine gun and contraband. Because the precedent is now established that they can create any definition they want, and the courts have just shrugged and said, "Chevron deference."

And your blatant pretension that bump stocks are not relevant, even after that ruling, means you're not a 2A supporter, you're a FUDD.

jagibbons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2019
    Zionsville
    My bad, I'm sorry I thought I posted it with the other EOs I dropped. Here it is: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...e-order-creating-schedule-f-excepted-service/

The EO was signed on October 20 of this year. 28 days is not enough time to implement any significant changes in hiring, firing and employment reviews for any agency.

Our best bet for at least 2 years of stability is a split Congress that can't restructure SCOTUS to make legal whatever feces comes out of the Harris/Biden WH.

jagibbons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2019
    Zionsville
    And then they abandoned universal reciprocity and hearing protection on a shriek.

And then Trump ordered Sessions to declare that bumpfire stocks "harness recoil energy" and were retroactively machine guns and retroactively illegal since 1986, thus destroying them all.

Thus setting the stage for President Bidet to declare any modern sporting rifle is "readily converted" and is therefore a machine gun and contraband. Because the precedent is now established that they can create any definition they want, and the courts have just shrugged and said, "Chevron deference."

And your blatant pretension that bump stocks are not relevant, even after that ruling, means you're not a 2A supporter, you're a FUDD.

Bump stock decision was wrong. Trump caved to pressure that he shouldn't have.

It won't change anything that Harris/Biden could or would do. Bump stocks are illegal now, so they can't legally be defined in the "readily converted," except that the Fascist Marxist running the Democrat party don't care what they can legally do or not do. They care what they can get away with.

Universal reciprocity wasn't really a thing, even in the bill as it was drafted. It was so limited in blue states that it would have done little for real gun owners crossing state lines. Besides, without a 60-vote majority, it would not have passed anyway.

If the GOP holds the Senate in January, that will give gun owners two years to get off their rear ends and actually get in the game. Not at the last minute like this year, but 2 years of advocacy and fighting hard to get the right people elected in the Senate and flip the House. It is possible. The Dems have admitted it and the numbers back it up.

Our problem is that we fight internally and don't do much more than type away at the keyboard daring the gov to come and get them in the next civil war. Civil wars are ugly. While one may be coming, I'd prefer to spend the next two years working to avoid it and get strong 2A candidates in at local, state and national level.

Top Bottom