• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So, I finally finished modding my AK for now. I may add optics later, but I want to wait until I have the money to buy a quality optic.

Maadi ARM AK variant
    Mods:
    1. Painted the furniture OD green
    2. CCA lower handguard
    3. Brownell's broom stick
    4. Viking mount
    5. Streamlight PolyTac light

I just picked up the mount and light at the 1500, thanks Indiana Supply Depot and Cwood. So, I still need to see how the mount holds up when fired.

003-20.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice job. I like how that turned out. I just picked up a Saiga today to start another AK project. I already have a Romanian side folder but don't have anything else for it yet.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Didn't think I would like an AK with OD furniture, but after seeing one, they actually look good in green! Nice ARM you have there!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What are the details on that mag?

Looks pretty interesting.

It's a Thermold 30 round mag. I painted it myself. But I'm thinking about re-doing it in one solid color. I'm just toying around, until I find something I want to stick with. I have two more, and am currently swapping out my steel mags for the polymer mags. I like them better because:

1. They are slimer in profile
    2. They are lighter
    3. The rounds do not have any slop when loaded into the mag.

I have ran roughly 70 rounds through one, and roughly 170 through another. I have not had any malfunctions too date. I have a new one still in the package that I need to test fire, before I paint it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Didn't think I would like an AK with OD furniture, but after seeing one, they actually look good in green! Nice ARM you have there!

Thanks, I honestly did not know how it would turn out. I used Kyrlon Fusion and matte clear. So it will be easy to re-do if I decide to later on.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's a Thermold 30 round mag. I painted it myself. But I'm thinking about re-doing it in one solid color. I'm just toying around, until I find something I want to stick with. I have two more, and am currently swapping out my steel mags for the polymer mags. I like them better because:

1. They are slimer in profile
    2. They are lighter
    3. The rounds do not have any slop when loaded into the mag.

I have ran roughly 70 rounds through one, and roughly 170 through another. I have not had any malfunctions too date. I have a new one still in the package that I need to test fire, before I paint it.

I rock polymer mags as well, but I use Bulgy circle 10's. ;) The steel mags work just fine, but the ones I have seem to hold on to the last round pretty tightly.

Had to ask about the mag on that AK, almost looked like it synthetic wood rings in the pic. lol

Top Bottom