• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They're a little overbuilt, but I prefer that to the stretchy elastic type that just slip over a belt. Those things are the Uncle Mike's of mag carriers. The horizontal orientation makes it so you hardly know it is there IMO

Nobody knows if it is for a pocket knife or 15 copper-jacketed messengers of death

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Guess the only thing i learned from this thread is a big gun is whwt we are supposed to carry. I can't afford those ugly 50 bmg pistol things and it's only a single shot...SO, i will stick with my walther pps le cause it has 8 round mags, is much more concealed in my back waistline and feels good in my hands. Think I'd rather not carry a big gun and advertise cause i don't think it would pay.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    One thing that maybe should be considered is that, these days, it seems like more and more armed encounters involve disturbed individuals in crowded places and the distances are greater than what a typical belly gun is considered by most to be reasonable effective distances. The mechanical accuracy of the revolver is fine. The limit is the nut behind the trigger, due to the trigger pull, small sights and sight radius. Not many will train to the skill level to make their snubbies effective much beyond touching distances.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Guess the only thing i learned from this thread is a big gun is whwt we are supposed to carry. I can't afford those ugly 50 bmg pistol things and it's only a single shot...SO, i will stick with my walther pps le cause it has 8 round mags, is much more concealed in my back waistline and feels good in my hands. Think I'd rather not carry a big gun and advertise cause i don't think it would pay.
    Now you have opened a whole other kettle of fish.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I would question the wisdom of training to shoot until the gun is dry, especially when no reloading training is integrated. Of course any training is better than none and too many folks who go about armed do no training.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I get what you are saying, but it is simply a skill test not tactics or application. I would estimate it is indeed a very low percentage of people who train or practice and an even lower amount of those that carry Snubbies. Actually I don't have to estimate others have already done that work.

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    I love my snub nose RIA. It was cheap and I can leave it in a backpack or whatever when camping. It will always work and I can throw it at someone after I miss 5 times because they were more than 15 feet away.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There's always a dissenting opinion on your style of carry. That's why I'm objectively ridiculous and save the debating for other topics. I carry a 5 shot 38 (S&W 649) because it's aesthetically beautiful. That's really all there is to it. My LCP is ugly. My Glock is ugly. Magazines are ugly. Sometimes I carry a 3" model 13 because, yep, it's nickel & very beautiful.

If I'm going to defend myself, I'm doing it in style. If my revolver isn't enough and it's my time, I'm dyin' in style.

You can say what you want about how I carry, but you can't say it's ugly. :thatshot:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Go big or stay off the porch! Glock 21 carries 13+1(45ACP), or my G45 is 17+1(9mm), or just run to the gas station for milk and bread! Carry your J Frame, Taurus 85/856, Charter, Colt Det Special, Ruger, or? Carry 2 if you feel like it! No harm done if you are prepped. Good luck.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But….I like my 5 shot snubby….:dunno:
    I like my 5 shot snubby too, especially filled with these:
    38Sp-100grHB.jpg

Top Bottom