• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've wanted to do this for awhile, but I was trying to keep an eye out for a good used 10/22 for the right price...

When I realized that used 10/22s don't exist at any significant discount, :): I decided to just snag one at Bradis when I went up for the Customer Appreciation sale with the :ingo: discount. Had a great time there by the way. I'm very indecisive about purchases and it always takes me a lot of research before I purchase, so that took me a little while longer, but it's finally pretty much complete!!

I really thought the lack of a visible magazine and/or the extended 10/22 magazines looked really silly with the new wood, so I bought a couple cheap M1 magazines, removed the springs and followers, and cut them down. Then I notched the bottom of the 10/22 10 round'ers so the M1 mag body had a little groove to sit in and something for the the epoxy to bond to. Then, I just epoxied them together and let it cure. I will probably do a little sanding and maybe fill in some gaps on them and maybe hit them with a little paint where I joined them, but I want to make sure they hold up for awhile before I put too much time into them. They honestly look pretty good when they're in the carbine; you can really only see the epoxied section with the mag out.

I also plan on putting an extended bolt handle if I can find one that has a similar look to the stock handle, just, well uh... extended. :n00b: Haven't really looked yet though.

Hope you guys like it!

IMG_2976.jpg

Next to a real M1 Carbine. Pretty good in my book.
    IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

This is just to show kind of how I cut the mag and attached it.
    IMG_2975.jpg

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Thanks! I really think it put the conversion over the top for me. Sure made it look a lot more realistic.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    thats sweet looking i like the stock i been trying to track on down but every one is sold out

Hmm... Shouldn't be. I just ordered mine last week. I got mine from e-sarco.com. A couple other places had them in stock too.

ETA: I just checked and e-sarco shows then in stock.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Thanks guys, it shoots like a dream at a significant discount over .30 Carbine. Haha. Love these tech sites too. Got the TSR-100s.

tbone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    gosport area
    i was at 4seasons shop the other day and they had a factory 22cal m1 carbine not sure of manf.but dead on look alike right down to the mags. ill take a closer look if its still there on my next visit.

Top Bottom