Status

Specialized

Plinker
Site Supporter
Rating - 97.7%
84   2   1
Jan 26, 2011
Highland, IN
Can anyone tell me - and PLEASE don't answer unless you truly KNOW - the answers to these two questions?

1. Is there any prohibition in Indiana law against carrying two Handguns at a time?

2. Are non-traditional pistols (like Scorpions, MPXs, with arm braces) considered pistols in the context of a LTCH?

Again, please offer facts and/or direct anecdotal evidence ONLY, opinion and conjecture do much more harm than good in situations like this. Thanks.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dec 22, 2012
Avon
Can anyone tell me - and PLEASE don't answer unless you truly KNOW - the answers to these two questions?

1. Is there any prohibition in Indiana law against carrying two Handguns at a time?

2. Are non-traditional pistols (like Scorpions, MPXs, with arm braces) considered pistols in the context of a LTCH?

Again, please offer facts and/or direct anecdotal evidence ONLY, opinion and conjecture do much more harm than good in situations like this. Thanks.

1. Indiana law is silent on method of carry (concealed, open, duct-taped to forehead, wheelbarrow full, etc.) of handguns and number as well. If you're off your property is when the LTCH is required (exceptions for transporting without an LTCH of course.)

2. There is nothing that deviates from BATFE definition of a handgun in Indiana Code.

Also, handguns made before 1 Jan 1899 (IIRC) and non-modern ammo (1860 Colt cap and ball for example, not just the ones pre-1899 but all) do not require an LTCH in Indiana.

Indiana Code 35-47 is where to start researching.

CitizenX

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 23, 2012
Tippecanoe

So basically, you just want someone that has done the research to give you their interpretation of the law and a place to start looking in case you don't believe them. Got it! :thumbsup:

Specialized

Plinker
Site Supporter
Rating - 97.7%
84   2   1
Jan 26, 2011
Highland, IN
So basically, you just want someone that has done the research to give you their interpretation of the law and a place to start looking in case you don't believe them. Got it! :thumbsup:

I've done the research and formed preliminary conclusions as a result. As anyone who has more direct experience with the law (especially around firearms) might tell you, there can be vast differences in what is actually specified in the law and what one might find themselves charged with due to alternative interpretations or applications of other laws. Am I trying to learn from the experience of others? Definitely. I believe that's one of the chief purposes of these forums. And if you're butthurt because I don't want your unlearned opinion,that's your issue, not mine.

KellyInAvon, thanks for the info. Matches what I've read but I want to know if others have contrary experiences or evidence. Thanks for your help.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jul 3, 2008
central indiana
the only time you might run into a vague interpretation of the law is while hunting esp on public land that has a rule that allows "A licensed handgun in a holster"
I could see a CO limiting you to 1 handgun .. but then you would also have no limit on number of long arms ..

KellyinAvon

Staff member
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dec 22, 2012
Avon
the only time you might run into a vague interpretation of the law is while hunting esp on public land that has a rule that allows "A licensed handgun in a holster"
I could see a CO limiting you to 1 handgun .. but then you would also have no limit on number of long arms ..

Vague laws and the myth that the 4th Amendment doesn't apply to COs adds to CO folklore.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dec 22, 2012
Avon

hopper68

Master
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nov 15, 2011
Pike County
I've done the research and formed preliminary conclusions as a result. As anyone who has more direct experience with the law (especially around firearms) might tell you, there can be vast differences in what is actually specified in the law and what one might find themselves charged with due to alternative interpretations or applications of other laws. Am I trying to learn from the experience of others? Definitely. I believe that's one of the chief purposes of these forums. And if you're butthurt because I don't want your unlearned opinion,that's your issue, not mine.

KellyInAvon, thanks for the info. Matches what I've read but I want to know if others have contrary experiences or evidence. Thanks for your help.

Not butthurt at all. I was just ribbin ya. But now I just see you're a [deleted].

Both of your low post counts hint that neither of you have been real active, so let me give some unsolicited advice. :mods::mods:

The INGO you may be used to is no more. We are a kinder and gentler INGO. Please play nicely or risk the ban hammer.

IBTL

Last edited by a moderator:

Expat

Proud Ditttohead
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Feb 27, 2010
Michiana
Just to lighten the mood.

[video=youtube;pOmu0LtcI6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOmu0LtcI6Y[/video]

Specialized

Plinker
Site Supporter
Rating - 97.7%
84   2   1
Jan 26, 2011
Highland, IN
Wow, okay. Consider me duly chastised. I've only been on here for nine years. Perhaps I should have been more vocal over the years.

Perhaps someone can help me understand what "IBTL" means?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Dec 7, 2011
Speedway area

Why is it that every thread that someone asks a specific question we get a troll.
Why is that.

Status
Top Bottom