Multiple gun sales to be reported to ATF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    So if I want to buy 3 AKs in a 5 day priod and not be reported then I have to go to 3 different dealers? I'm sure that will stop a lot of crime!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    so i have a question for ingo how would this new rule apply to stripped ar-15 recivers?

not yet a rifle or a pistol ???????

i forget what the box is checked on the 4473.... other or reciver... been a while since i bought one from an ffl

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    so i have a question for ingo how would this new rule apply to stripped ar-15 recivers?

not yet a rifle or a pistol ???????

i forget what the box is checked on the 4473.... other or reciver... been a while since i bought one from an ffl

They don't count for handguns now...but I would bet they would fall under the "new" law as they will be one or the other eventually. More paperwork = Government.;)

Who knows? Hope this crap doesn't pass!

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    They don't count for handguns now...but I would bet they would fall under the "new" law as they will be one or the other eventually. More paperwork = Government.;)

Who knows? Hope this crap doesn't pass!

I hope it doesnt but i think its an interesting question they don't count as pistols now so what exactaly would make them count as rifles? they arent either yet :dunno:... I think they might slip though the cracks unless specifically writen in...at least thats how I would read it.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Doesn't the ATF already have record of all FFL transfer of all types of firearms, be they long gun or hand guns with the Form 4473?

Seems to me, they should just have one of their over paid gubbermint employees look through what they have instead of burdening the dealers with more useless paperwork. If they really need this information, that is.....
    IMO this is just one more line of BS that the Brady Bunch, and the other anti-gun groups can use to elicit funds to continue their lies.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, if you're wanting to get your comments in on this matter you're going to be very limited on how to do it. They aren't having any online commenting. Only fax and email. If you want to voice a negative opinion on this then you need to fax or email them. Oh, yeah. You also have only 2 1/2 weeks to do it, unlike other agencies who usually have a month or two of public commentary.

Commenting on BATFE rifle registration Gunleaders.com

bubajoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    So if I want to buy 3 AKs in a 5 day priod and not be reported then I have to go to 3 different dealers? I'm sure that will stop a lot of crime!

If you go to 3 different dealers to buy those AK's I'd still be prepared for a knock on the door as those three dealers are all going to send in the forms to the ATF just as they do now. It's not a problem as long as you don't plan on making straw buys but still the ATF and the Fed have no business messing with law following people like this.

If we really wanted to save Mexico from itself we'd close the boarder.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, the BATFU has finally weighed in and is making the attempt to assuage the people who are upset about their new measures. In an attempt to make things all better now, they're only going to implement this new policy in border states, (for now), in an effort to stem the constantly flowing river of mythical guns to Mexico. And they're sure that their good partners, the FFL's will [STRIKE]roll over[/STRIKE] do all they can as their patriotic duty.
    Have you made your comments on this travesty yet? Called/written your rep? Rest assured, it won't stay in the border states. It is coming our way.

ATF Announces Demand Letters for Multiple Sales of Long Guns in Border States

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    just in my humble opinion,

i don't think is to prevent criminals from getting guns..

but you ask "transplant from ohio, whatever other idiotic reason would they do this, mayors against illegal guns is pushing this"

i respond, "while maig may be taking credit for this, the real people who are worried about this are the house and senate dems, forcing the atf to do this"

you ask me, they're scared of all of us gun owners who would "never act" against the government..

(this is not an endorcement for violent overthrow, yet simply MHO)

sptland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Howe, IN
    If you go to 3 different dealers to buy those AK's I'd still be prepared for a knock on the door as those three dealers are all going to send in the forms to the ATF just as they do now. It's not a problem as long as you don't plan on making straw buys but still the ATF and the Fed have no business messing with law following people like this.

If we really wanted to save Mexico from itself we'd close the boarder.

JUST FYI - FORM 4473's are retained by the dealer and must be kept for a period of not less than 20 years. Then can be destroyed. Unless a specific request for information is made - the forms never touch the hands of the gov't or any other law enforcement agency.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    JUST FYI - FORM 4473's are retained by the dealer and must be kept for a period of not less than 20 years. Then can be destroyed. Unless a specific request for information is made - the forms never touch the hands of the gov't or any other law enforcement agency.
    Not true. If an FFL closes up shop he must send those 4473's to ATF.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    ;);)

Top Bottom