• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigDogGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Yorktown
    I attended the March 20 and March 21st Tier 1 Interior Conflict 1 course. MTAC has a training instructor Luke Vilsmeyer with an extreme amount of experience on clearing structures. This course is the introductory course and involves room clearing and navigating hallways as 1- and 2-man teams.

Is this class for anyone? I say yes. One of the core fundamentals learned involves pieing corners which can be used in a home defense scenario or around any structures. I have read and watched videos that have described it and have practiced it on my own. However, my technique was poor. Working with the instructors at MTAC the learning was accelerated. You can probably learn to play the piano by yourself but how much easier it can be with an excellent team of instructors.

My experience level going into the course was novice/newbie. The course included officers including SWAT team members plus concerned citizens. The experienced participants were not disappointed in the content of the course and as a newbie I was not left behind. It was a great balance for all the participants. I heard of couple of the officers comment that it was NOT death by PowerPoint which must be common in their training.

There were brief PowerPoint presentations to introduce the material to be covered in the shoot house. Next, we received top notch demonstrations of the technique to use and then we executed repetitions with their oversight. It was a great class; everyone understood the value of the repetitions and I felt the class went after it. It was a workout filled with learning. For me, it was the proverbial drinking through a firehose, but it stuck.

I strongly recommend the course. I was so impressed with Luke’s style of teaching that I am (time and money permitting) going to signup for more courses at MTAC. What a great treasure to have in central Indiana.

Best regards #33

Top Bottom