• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Hoping everyone reading this has stayed well!

Opinion Disclaimer/Warning: You know that I'm pretty biased on this one.
    But my experiences are different than most, and we have to "open up" at some point.
    It is hard to eat with a mask on ;) but not hard to wear one while out shopping and getting things done/doing other tasks requiring public exposure.
    Doctors' offices and hospitals are still using masks and precautions, and that may help inform a decision.

Curious if the restaurant has changed up the table arrangements to keep patrons distanced. If so, could be ok, but bring your own disinfecting wipes or gloves too?
    Just not sure if I can trust "other" patrons yet. Trust is earned. The "I can do what I want" parties that are occurring in close-quarter settings don't generate trust for me. Just my way of thinking, since the virus is still out there whether we are tired of it or not. Sorry if I have offended anyone with all that. I warned you!

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The restaurant where my daughter works (worked?) is having some real internal troubles. Between govt lockdown regulation, low sales due to the covid fear and staffing problems, they seem to be in real trouble.

I'm guessing a lot of restaurants are in this same situation? I'm not sure eating out will be something to consider for a while? Maybe until well after the Uncle Sugar money runs out, paying people more money to not work than work?

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    With an unsteady restaurant location and the "protests" that are going on these past few days it would, in my opinion, be prudent to skip a June meeting.
    No need to be traveling after dark for purely social reasons. Even though it gets dark after 9PM, better safe than sorry.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Just wondering if we were going to come out of hibernation or wait until next month and check again.
    The other half is in the "wait until next month camp". I am in the :dunno: "I don't know lets see what other people think camp". :dunno:

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    I wish everyone who ventures out, to have a great meal.
    Unfortunately, I won't be joining you. Maybe next month, I'd need to see how the statistics proceed for a bit longer.
    "Jack the Ripper" is still out there. Wish he weren't.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wise decision to wait.

I'm less concerned about the virus and more concerned with the sanitation of the B or C team restaurant staffing.

Uncle Sugar money is supposed to run out in July, not sure the date. Don't know how long it will take after that to get back up to running like normal?

Having been exposed to many back of the houses, I can assure you that we should all be suspect of any place that is struggling to keep their head above water.

Top Bottom