• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    I've been running a 93 PRX tune from MPT for almost 2 years. The tune isn't magical, but will say it offers a significant change in performance on the top end of my v8 5.0. With the added throttle response change, the truck definitely gets up quicker. The best part of the tune and sport mode, at 80mph I can jump to 115mph in no time at all. 0-60 seems slower than what I initially expected, but overall quicker than stock.

93 has become increasingly expensive. I've done some research on the ethanol side. I like the idea of e85 but don't want the massive drop in fuel economy. Was curious if anyone as some insight or has ran some tests on e85 blended with 93 or close to it.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I was a Crew Chief on Alcohol Dragsters and Funny Cars for 10+ years. I also helped a couple guys that ran Drag Bikes on Alcohol. Rule of thumb for those converting from Gas to Alcohol was +75% on jetting. Re. When changing if you ran a .100 main Jet that had to increase to a .175 to get a Baseline. Alcohol runs much cooler but the Engine needs much more of it. A friend has a Ford (I don't recall the Model) that's Flex Fuel. Running Gas it produced 23-25 mpg. Switching to E85 left him at 14-16 under the same driving conditions. Just a little insight from an Old Gearhead.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    Yes sir, this is where I seek my information. I like the idea of e85 but don't necessarily want the decrease in fuel economy. So, I pondered mixing e85 with 93 half and half for octane rating 99 with an ethanol mixture at e48 or so.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yes sir, this is where I seek my information. I like the idea of e85 but don't necessarily want the decrease in fuel economy. So, I pondered mixing e85 with 93 half and half for octane rating 99 with an ethanol mixture at e48 or so.
    You will still see a pretty solid decrease in mileage. I'm not real familiar with Ford's alcohol content monitor/ O2's, but with Chevy it can mess with the content monitor and O2's and usually ends up running rich until you go in and reset the monitors.

Top Bottom