• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Are the Century Arms AP-5's any good? I see that they are imported from MKE in Turkey.
    As far as i know the ap5 is the same gun made by MKE when it was previously known as the "Z5RS" when imported by zenith and it has been renamed under the import by century arms to "ap5"

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    Are the Century Arms AP-5's any good? I see that they are imported from MKE in Turkey.
    The AP5’s are awesome, I’m pretty sure they’re built on HK tooling. One thing I didn’t know, because they’re and imported pistol, they cannot be shipped in as auto sear ready like the PTR is. That doesn’t matter to me, as I don’t have an auto trigger pack or $40,000 laying around to buy one!

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    For most of the last 20 years, I've had an MP5KN assigned to me through work. It is undoubtedly my "favorite" shoulder fired weapon - especially when they used to let us have the full happy switch (later switched over to 3-round burst, for reasons unknown to mankind).

I'd love to have a decent, reliable clone pistol - my FM9 does everything I need it to do, but, it's an AR-platform, which while infinitely "logical" does absolutely nothing to warm the cockles of my heart...

Please let us know how it runs!

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    How do you like the brace? It would be nice for crossing state lines without having to worry about NFA travel.
    I looked long and hard before deciding: Safety Harbor KES Tailhook adapter with a Gearhead works Tailhook was exactly what I wanted out of a non-sbr.

I shoot M16’s nose to charging handle, and this brace in the second position in from full extension puts my cheek on that smoooooooooth endcap for a solid lockup and shooting experience. Also helps the rear sight work better as it’s right near my eye. It’s 1000% more comfortable with my face on the end cap than an actual HK A3 stock, the only thing better is an A2 or a folding B&T for ergonomics while shooting. If I do SBR it, it’ll be Safety Harbors stock replacing their brace, not an traditional factory $800 deal.

Top Bottom