• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I know this is an old thread but, there are both bobcats and lions in Indiana. Our old IDNR game biologist Dean Z. District #3 confirmed back in the 90’s. They are keeping it quiet for several good reasons. If you have ever heard a real lion growl in the woods there is absolutely no way it can be anything but just what it sounds like. Hunting range is much larger than home range. Area needs rock cliffs usually found along big rivers, lots of low human population area, large forested areas, good game concentration. Yep, we got’em, just a small breeding population. Myself and Dean had lunch and talked about this topic one day, we both learned a lot. JMO.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Mother with cubs confirmed by someone in the know in Bartholmew county this year. So I guess they're not just passing through. A breeding pair makes this more interesting.

Reactions: Mij

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I saw one over near belle union, southern Putnam, pretty sure it was one that escaped captivity but holy cow. There was no second guessing what I’d just see, I stopped and started to get out of my truck but common sense kicked in pretty quickly!

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I saw one over near belle union, southern Putnam, pretty sure it was one that escaped captivity but holy cow. There was no second guessing what I’d just see, I stopped and started to get out of my truck but common sense kicked in pretty quickly!
    Again, Big Wallnut+Lieber State Rec. Area+ near the Wabash.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    They were confirmed pre 90’s in the state. But the first confirmed sighting in IDNR dist #3 was I believe near the confluence of the Wabash and Flint Creek.

All of this together makes me think they are useing the river systems along the Wabash to disperse through the state. By extrapolation I can figure they are useing the other drainages the same. JMO.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    New issue of FFG, Mt. Lion killed on I-80 in ill taken to university at Champagne Urbana for necropsy ill IDNR tracking a second one that has a gps collar on it, traveled from a northern state. That’s two confirmed mt. lions in ill story says you can read more on IDNR website FYI to interested parties

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Is that big a** kitty cat was that close to me, I think I would have been dropping that d*** phone and be getting two hands on that gun and putting rounds on Target.

All that cat saw was food...
    I have to agree. Maybe he wanted proof the cat was stalking him but dang. I would have dropped that phone.

Hunting by yourself might not be the best idea in Idaho.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have to agree. Maybe he wanted proof the cat was stalking him but dang. I would have dropped that phone.

Hunting by yourself might not be the best idea in Idaho.
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. During training with pepper spray, while transitioning to lethal at least once Ive forgotten to drop the OC and ended up cradling it in between my gun and support hand.

But more likely he either wanted a monetizable (or at least make him famous) video, or was trying to prove he didnt kill the cat for fun. (and get the COs crawling up his butt)

Top Bottom