• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I put some miles on today. Was west bound out of Kokomope toward Russiaville and got passed by someone on a souped up turbo bike of some sort. Dude was hammer down and outward bound! I was doing my old dude speed of 10 over when Joe Whizz screamed by at least doing 100 or better. I knew I would find his mangled carcass ahead but he was solid.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    If HD is blocking owners from working on their own bikes, then I hate them, too.
    Wait! Are they trying to pull a John Deer on customers too?

Newer cars are next. The next gen PCM code is all encrypted so cannot be tuned/repaired without factory authorized keys, plus I think they have TPM (trusted compute module) too so even if youy could get around encryption, the code won't run if untrusted.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Wait! Are they trying to pull a John Deer on customers too?

Newer cars are next. The next gen PCM code is all encrypted so cannot be tuned/repaired without factory authorized keys, plus I think they have TPM (trusted compute module) too so even if youy could get around encryption, the code won't run if untrusted.
    I have mixed feelings on the whole deal. When I worked at the bike shop we saw results of so many people that had no business working on their own bikes. The best one was with 2-stroke oil injected engines that had locked up. The oil tank was full but the feed line was dry. Like if you ran out of oil and just decided to fill the tank. :cool:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I put some miles on today. Was west bound out of Kokomope toward Russiaville and got passed by someone on a souped up turbo bike of some sort. Dude was hammer down and outward bound! I was doing my old dude speed of 10 over when Joe Whizz screamed by at least doing 100 or better. I knew I would find his mangled carcass ahead but he was solid.
    Good that you got out there. How is your neck/back issues doing these days?

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Starting my restore to ride RD350 this weekend.. I love anything 2 stroke/smoke!
    Grandson is helping and I hopefully pass along the vintage bike bug to him
    It’s not pretty but mostly there. Looking for an exhaust for it. Motor turns over and it’s not been rashes or abused
    Any other 2 stroke fans out there?! Thanks. Tim
    182F1390-E699-4C18-87B1-CFA90F982EB0.jpeg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Man I would love to find one! I have had about every Kawasaki triple.. except the kh500. 3 750 h2’s and loved them for just the raw power they had.
    My rd is the Portuguese orange a 75 or 74.. the tail piece is made from an old gas tank View attachment 268409

I mentally took that apart and have been making updates and rebuilding it...
    NOTE: I've been watching far too many motorcycle restoration videos on youtube over the winter.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Starting my restore to ride RD350 this weekend.. I love anything 2 stroke/smoke!
    It’s not pretty but mostly there. Looking for an exhaust for it. Motor turns over and it’s not been rashes or abused
    View attachment 268306
    I had one of these that I raced a bit, along with general street hooliganing !!

1680964144960.png

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I left it stock except for pipes and carb rejetting. I can’t recall the name of the pipes I ran on her….they were less expensive then Toomeys so they got the nod back then….

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    View attachment 268306
    P
    Man I would love to find one! I have had about every Kawasaki triple.. except the kh500. 3 750 h2’s and loved them for just the raw power they had.
    My rd is the Portuguese orange a 75 or 74.. the tail piece is made from an old gas tank View attachment 268409
    I want to restore this,it needs jugs and heads but almost everything else is there along with the vintage Café racer parts. 1681016472141.jpeg

Top Bottom