• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Easiest way to NOT think about falling at 70mph on the interstate is to do 70mph on the backroads. Problem solved!
    Depending on where im going, I would rather ride the highways most of the time, less interaction.
    Riding backroads has the chance of an interaction every half to one mile traveled,
    Not to mention the driveways.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    A man who had never even owned a motorcycle bought one in Dallas, TX. He asked me if I would go get it and ride it to his house, as he was nervous to ride it the first time in on the freeways. He also knew I rode sport bikes without wadding any of them up. It was a fully customized Yamaha V Max. The picture showed really fancy paint and some other bling. I got there, exchanged the appropriate paper work and was tooling down I-35 in a few minutes. Even using the right hand gently, I could tell the bike was plenty quick. The first time I got even part of a handful, I was staring at the sky. The Vmax was kind of a hot rod of a cruiser bike anyway, this one had a ton of professional engine work. Scary at first, then addictive. Being someone else's bike, I tried to be conservative, but it was easy to hit the wild zone. The chassis worked ok, but not as good as a true sport bike, especially for that much power. I could not even imagine a lesser experienced rider on that bike.
    V-Max is an insane ride. So much torque....even stock with a glorified cruiser chassis.

I bought my ZRX stock. Fun to ride but nothing crazy. I had the motor built BEFORE I upgraded the forks/shocks/swingarm. It was definitely a handful. Power wheelie....while spinning the back tire was the norm. The USD forks totally transformed the handling and the slightly stretched wheelbase keeps the nose down a little. It's a hoot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been looking for a better camera solution for a while. I currently run a GoPro looking forward and a cheapie looking back. These things are a chore to keep running and subject to fail, especially when the footage is critical. :xmad:

I've been looking at the new 360 cams. I'm thinking a single camera system that looks all around, that will run on a loop (and more) could do other duties than just cover bike rides? A camera like this could mount in the cage also? Maybe even a body cam of sorts for walking around, when not straddling or driving?

If the cam could be simple to mount and dismount, there is a ton of shooting related things to video for self improvement. A 360 cam that would not require any directional setup could be easy to say yes to using.

???

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I hate that crap! No freaking reason to rev your throttle unless you own an old AMF Harley.
    Yet, about 80% of Hardly riders do it.

I know it sounds cool but c'mon. There's one particular offender who works the same place I work and used to live in a neighborhood near where I lived. I was behind him on the way into work one morning and this jackass literally had Bad to the Bone on loop so it would definitely be playing as he rode into the work parking lot..... along with repeated throttle chops.

Top Bottom