• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What type of battery is that? Does it not need to be on a battery maintainer of some sort?

I certainly agree on the fuel injection. No more carbs for me on anything with the fuel injection option.
    It may be a lead-acid battery, I just know it’s a Yuasa and they are top notch. If and when I replace it I will look at lithium ion and gel batteries. I have not put a battery tender on it yet but I will soon, next time I get out there.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Ah ha!

I still want a new Ducati Monster +. My Harley is getting too heavy after all my spine surgeries. I can still ride it but boy do I pay for it!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Imagine if you will...YOU are on the cruiser bike coming the other way seeing what is about to happen.
    Do you hang tough and stick to your turn?
    Do you assume the Harley is going down and is going to skid to the outside of this radius so you adjust your turn and speed to go to the inside of the turn, risking crossing the centerline which may have more oncoming traffic?
    Yikes. Hard split second choices on this one..... What do you all think/say/do?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Imagine if you will...YOU are on the cruiser bike coming the other way seeing what is about to happen.
    Do you hang tough and stick to your turn?
    Do you assume the Harley is going down and is going to skid to the outside of this radius so you adjust your turn and speed to go to the inside of the turn, risking crossing the centerline which may have more oncoming traffic?
    Yikes. Hard split second choices on this one..... What do you all think/say/do?
    I think I'd be braking hard to avoid any potential impact regardless of what happens to the other rider.

One nice thing about modern bikes is the ABS systems actually work very well, and while they almost never engage, it is nice to have. I had a deer jump out in front of my bike last fall, so close I could have grabbed his tail. Pretty sure the only reason the bike stayed upright and in control was the ABS brakes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

But why?

That bike has side cases but no top box. Add a top box and/or a dry bag and you can easily eliminate dragging that thing behind the bike. Handling would be increased substantially without it too.

Below is my bike, outfitted for a month on the road, no trailer needed.

Why don't people leave their TV set, kitchen sink and whatever else fits in that trailer at home?

tempImagect0Gd1.jpg
    My bike has a 42 liter top box, dual 47 liter side cases, it carries a 40 liter dry bag, there are also 2 5 liter auxiliary fuel bladders on the bike, which are rarely used. With all that that space I typically end up not filling all the storage areas and using the top box mostly for rain gear and carrying food to the next location. Trailer? WTF!

Top Bottom