• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    no, it’s still all of them. you only see tim cook’s face in the news because he’s the only one with a face. who is the face of google? you know, the makers of the OS in all the other phones? wanna do another 30 second search on what google’s stance is on all of the above? what do they promote, hmm? their effect and control over the national (international) discourse is miles past anyone else’s mere opinion. while i can’t stand tim apple and all the woke pc nonsense continually spewing from his ****holster, I’ll give him and apple this much: they are more committed to privacy, and their equipment quality sets the standard. I was a dyed in the wool windows guy forever, til I got my wife a macbook in 2009 *which she still uses daily* and I followed up with a 2011 imac which i still use daily. idgaf what equipment anybody else uses or for what reason, you know, “you do you,” but the logic behind your assertions is horse****.

I'm sorry to step on your apple fan-boi toes, my friend.

What I posted was not personal, just links to what was in the news over the years. News that Tim Cook generated intentionally, without being solicited.

You are welcome to support the militant anti-gun Tim Cook and his company all you want. It's nobody's business...

..., until you bring it up on a gun forum. :twocents:

Last edited:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I have heard of Klock Werks brand. Let us know what you think if you buy one.
    I am running a Long Ride Shield (LDS) right now and like it.
    I also have a web page saved for Clearview's product.
    I ordered the Klock Werks 8.5 just now. I will let you know how it is after I receive it and put some miles on it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I do get up past Brant's occasionally to visit my daughter. I'll have to keep that in mind. My local Harley only had Harley windshields to try and I saw no improvement. Then I ran across this long ride Shield and I liked it. They do get scratched up over time so it's good to know what else is out there. Thanks.
    As an aside, Brandt's are crooks. I had them tow my FXDLS under warranty for leaving me stranded MULTIPLE times in one summer. They said "its a problem with your tune, and we can't fix it unless we hook it up to the computer...and it'll void the warranty." Wanted something like $1500 to dyno run my bike and revert back to a factory tune. Oh, and they refused to release the bike back to me until I paid their towing fee. I explained this is how I bought the bike from Ehlerding HD before they closed, and Brandt's service techs said it has a non-HD tune and will void my warranty to hook up to the HD laptop to see if there is anything causing the issue..at the time it was the summer after I bought it and I had literally done nothing to it other than ride.

Brandt's assumed I had a ****** tune on my bike, causing excessive draw...without looking at the bike or listening to a word I had to say. Seemed like they were trying to take me for a fool honestly.

Called HD Fort Wayne, they towed the bike FOR FREE from Brandt's after I paid the ransom, and then the service manager explained to me that my bike has what is considered a "performance engine" and that it's an issue with the power needed to turn the thing over from BDC to TDC (2017 110ci). They offered to replace the battery under warranty, even though it was checking out as "within spec" as they swapped the battery for a new one, and checked for any evidence of parasitic draw.

HD of FW replaced my battery, even though it was testing fine, and didn't charge me for the service. My tune was never an issue as it was obviously a battery issue as the cylinders weren't turning over.

Brandt's will NEVER get another dime of my money, and I would encourage others to do the same. It appears that their business or service tech tactics are shady at best, and I would be hesitant to let them do anything on my bikes.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    A lady crossed the median last night and hit my parked FXDLS and my SUV. Pushed the SUV back about 15 feet into our neighbors vehicle. She busted my drivers side quarter, busted brake lines and likely my rad, bent the tower/frame for the front shocks on the SUV, and bent the passenger rear axle where the wheel is now rubbing the front of the wheel well. It is most definitely totaled.

And now I can't go ride to clear my mind. Insurance stuff is filed, now I just wait.

My forks are bent, tire is about 30 degrees canted toward the clutch, front fender is busted, and there's a dent in my tank less than 1cm deep and not a hard bend...of note, the neck turn block isn't sheared, but it did shear the triple tree turn block...

My question is, how do I tell if the frame/neck weld is still straight and true? I'm considering if they total it to buy it back and fix it (I'm looking at close to 12k based on what I owe and the blue book value....or am I better off taking the money and getting something else due to the "salvage" title at that point? This bike has had no depreciation because of what it is, so I really don't want to get something else..but value wise, if I salvage it...it's worth nothing.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I ordered the Klock Werks 8.5 just now. I will let you know how it is after I receive it and put some miles on it.
    I received it Monday. I have used Revzilla several times the last few years and have been happy with them. I installed it today. It looks good. Rain Rain go away so I can see how it performs.
    1632363897362.png

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I am researching windshield upgrades to direct the wind a bit more over myself and my passenger. I am liking Klock Werks. Going to give this some more thought and research before hitting the purchase tab on Revzilla this weekend.

I run with a 8" Clearview Shields vented recurve on my Street Glide. It has eliminated 90% of the helmet buffeting issues that I had behind a standard Harley windshield of the same height. The vent has an adjustable damper that allows you to "tune" the airflow behind the screen to optimize airflow and/or minimize buffeting. They sell them without the vent as well.

BE7D67BB-51D4-445D-9CD3-2F8FB7F1EDFF_1_105_c.jpeg

Xwalker1014

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I run with a 8" Clearview Shields vented recurve on my Street Glide. It has eliminated 90% of the helmet buffeting issues that I had behind a standard Harley windshield of the same height. The vent has an adjustable damper that allows you to "tune" the airflow behind the screen to optimize airflow and/or minimize buffeting. They sell them without the vent as well.

View attachment 159880
    Love this shade of red. Is that metallic flake or just straight? I can’t tell from the picture.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I realize that this thread is about motorcycling and such. I have another, somewhat related, question of riders running GoPro's.

I've ran cameras for years. Until now have only deleted the footage. I got into a road rage incident on Saturday. Luckily (skillfully?) I escaped unscathed, but I had a guy attempt to crash me numerous times.

I need to edit my GoPro video, down to the extent of the incident. My rear facing camera has footage to save also. a video of the guy attempting to chase me after I finally got around him. The rear cam is a cheapy, although still HD. It does not have the GoPro capability of inverting the video when running upside down, as it does.

I am looking for simple software to edit video. Something geared to a novice, as I have never edited video before. Also something to invert the rear cam video.

Still not sure whether I will post the video here or anywhere. I have saved a screen cap of the driver's license plate, when we were stopped at the light in Bargersville. My GoPro rides lower on the bike than to see in the guy's back window at him pointing his finger (at me?) in his rear view, or show that there was a woman in the passenger seat.

Last edited:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Love this shade of red. Is that metallic flake or just straight? I can’t tell from the picture.
    Thanks. It's a metallic flake called Ember Red Sunglo. It has some gold tones in the flake. I recall that my wife was throwing shade on the idea of me trading my old Heritage on this Street Glide. When she saw the color in the showroom, she quickly endorsed the idea wholeheartedly. 985F168A-9BAE-4C2D-B38F-02B5ACF8C7B3_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I went to Lafayette Harley Tuesday morning. Clouds on the horizon with rain inbound. My appointment was set for 9am. I arrived at 8:54 and was greeted with happy smiles and a few comments about the bike. They rolled it in and within 20 minutes had me out the door. I had an OEM cool flow fan installed for next season and needed it flashed. I was about to head back towards 52 when it started sprinkling. I took off for the interstate and barreled down 65. Once again I dodged the rain and hot sunshine.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I realize that this thread is about motorcycling and such. I have another, somewhat related, question of riders running GoPro's.

I've ran cameras for years. Until now have only deleted the footage. I got into a road rage incident on Saturday. Luckily (skillfully?) I escaped unscathed, but I had a guy attempt to crash me numerous times.

I need to edit my GoPro video, down to the extent of the incident. My rear facing camera has footage to save also. a video of the guy attempting to chase me after I finally got around him. The rear cam is a cheapy, although still HD. It does not have the GoPro capability of inverting the video when running upside down, as it does.

I am looking for simple software to edit video. Something geared to a novice, as I have never edited video before. Also something to invert the rear cam video.

Still not sure whether I will post the video here or anywhere. I have saved a screen cap of the driver's license plate, when we were stopped at the light in Bargersville. My GoPro rides lower on the bike than to see in the guy's back window at him pointing his finger (at me?) in his rear view, or show that there was a woman in the passenger seat.
    I think the default windows clipping program allows these as well. A lot of people I know use the adobe suite, and a couple use vegas...but they are pricey for just one video.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    As an aside, Brandt's are crooks. I had them tow my FXDLS under warranty for leaving me stranded MULTIPLE times in one summer. They said "its a problem with your tune, and we can't fix it unless we hook it up to the computer...and it'll void the warranty." Wanted something like $1500 to dyno run my bike and revert back to a factory tune. Oh, and they refused to release the bike back to me until I paid their towing fee. I explained this is how I bought the bike from Ehlerding HD before they closed, and Brandt's service techs said it has a non-HD tune and will void my warranty to hook up to the HD laptop to see if there is anything causing the issue..at the time it was the summer after I bought it and I had literally done nothing to it other than ride.

Brandt's assumed I had a ****** tune on my bike, causing excessive draw...without looking at the bike or listening to a word I had to say. Seemed like they were trying to take me for a fool honestly.

Called HD Fort Wayne, they towed the bike FOR FREE from Brandt's after I paid the ransom, and then the service manager explained to me that my bike has what is considered a "performance engine" and that it's an issue with the power needed to turn the thing over from BDC to TDC (2017 110ci). They offered to replace the battery under warranty, even though it was checking out as "within spec" as they swapped the battery for a new one, and checked for any evidence of parasitic draw.

HD of FW replaced my battery, even though it was testing fine, and didn't charge me for the service. My tune was never an issue as it was obviously a battery issue as the cylinders weren't turning over.

Brandt's will NEVER get another dime of my money, and I would encourage others to do the same. It appears that their business or service tech tactics are shady at best, and I would be hesitant to let them do anything on my bikes.
    How long ago was this? We've bought several bikes there, and not had any issues. Not saying it's not true, all dealers seem to have some bad stories and unhappy customers.
    I didn't know Ehlerding closed. Haven't been there in years.
    The owner of Kersting's in N Judson passed away recently. We were there recently, and they really didn't have much inventory.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    How long ago was this? We've bought several bikes there, and not had any issues. Not saying it's not true, all dealers seem to have some bad stories and unhappy customers.
    I didn't know Ehlerding closed. Haven't been there in years.
    The owner of Kersting's in N Judson passed away recently. We were there recently, and they really didn't have much inventory.
    It occurred in the summer of 2018.

Top Bottom