• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The broken Harley in my garage has a bell given to me by the previous owner. The Honda I ride daily does not. I do not believe the bell has anything to do with either of these scenarios.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hi guys. Not a biker here, but thought I would seek some insight. I've got a neighbor with what appears to be a highly customized, stretched out bagger, what I'm guessing to be at least a 26" front wheel. He lives a couple doors down and appears to be maybe in his 40's or so.

This guy goes out and runs his bike past my house and around the neighborhood behind me, just majorly getting on the throttle. It's LOUD. I mean to the point where it drowns out our tv inside the house, let alone the one out on the back deck.

I would say that he might be working on his motor and wanting to test his latest adjustment or something, but I hear him coming back from these "test runs" with his stereo cranked up almost as loud as his bike.

Am I just being a grumpy old man about this? I'm thinking he's going through his mid-life crisis and that maybe he's overcompensating for something.

We're like 5 minutes from 465. I'd be all for him just getting out there and ripping it up all he wants, either to Emerson on the east or Harding on the west.

1630969849087.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds like he's afraid of going too far on it
    It seems to run okay! And I get the whole customization thing, but it's just rude AF to run that loud in the neighborhood. It would be like me pulling in his driveway and laying on the horn. Several times a day.

Edit: I have a feeling he's a fan of "American Chopper". :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hi guys. Not a biker here, but thought I would seek some insight. I've got a neighbor with what appears to be a highly customized, stretched out bagger, what I'm guessing to be at least a 26" front wheel. He lives a couple doors down and appears to be maybe in his 40's or so.

This guy goes out and runs his bike past my house and around the neighborhood behind me, just majorly getting on the throttle. It's LOUD. I mean to the point where it drowns out our tv inside the house, let alone the one out on the back deck.

I would say that he might be working on his motor and wanting to test his latest adjustment or something, but I hear him coming back from these "test runs" with his stereo cranked up almost as loud as his bike.

Am I just being a grumpy old man about this? I'm thinking he's going through his mid-life crisis and that maybe he's overcompensating for something.

We're like 5 minutes from 465. I'd be all for him just getting out there and ripping it up all he wants, either to Emerson on the east or Harding on the west.

View attachment 157062
    Wonder if the cops would do a neighbor courtesy noise complaint for you, without divulging your name or location?

I'm assuming there must be some noise level laws there?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wonder if the cops would do a neighbor courtesy noise complaint for you, without divulging your name or location?

I'm assuming there must be some noise level laws there?
    I don't think there are any during the times that he does it. I guess I should be thankful that he doesn't do it late at night. It's mostly a daytime thing. And it's not something I'd call the cops over anyhow. Just an annoyance really, but I wondered if bike guys would think that way or that maybe they could explain why it's a thing.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    He is stupid. My Springer has Vance & Hines pipes that sound good but not really loud unless you really twist the throttle. I rode an older "Iron Head" Sportster with straight pipes for years. You find you can keep the noise level acceptable with them if you ride easy. No, I did not always ride easy but I always did in my own neighborhood. If someone hears a loud bike once on a while that is one thing but if they hear it all the time they will get PO and they know where you live. Jim.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

View attachment 157062
    Big wheel baggers are the trailer park hoopties of the motorcycle world.

B338D937-DA73-4283-A15C-4CC0A45C3E6A.jpeg

B69753B4-0BE4-4340-A01C-932C6ABF7D5E.jpeg

D1932B24-3AEF-461D-8E0C-ED5A7BCB21AE.jpeg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't think there are any during the times that he does it. I guess I should be thankful that he doesn't do it late at night. It's mostly a daytime thing. And it's not something I'd call the cops over anyhow. Just an annoyance really, but I wondered if bike guys would think that way or that maybe they could explain why it's a thing.
    He is a rude jerk.

Me, I would be happy to have a bike so quite I hear the chain and the shift linkage. But I'm on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to making noise. I don't get the whole thing about the big speakers and ultra loud bikes.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

View attachment 157062
    Does he have a costume?

adult-biker-vest-costume.jpg

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Get an aggressive dog! Kidding but yup been there with loud pipes and wide open throttle mentality. I don’t understand and been around all kinds of bikes for years. Time and place for it but not in a neighborhood. My bike can be loud but normal riding... no. My son just bought a nice street glide and his wardrobe is changing.. I rode it and it was nice.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you don't have respect for your own neighbors you must really be a douchebag fag.
    FIFY.

AuJC.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The broken Harley in my garage has a bell given to me by the previous owner. The Honda I ride daily does not. I do not believe the bell has anything to do with either of these scenarios.

Maybe if I had a 60's era British or Italian bike I would be worried gremlins, but my modern British bike is highly reliable. No bell needed.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    He is a rude jerk.

Me, I would be happy to have a bike so quite I hear the chain and the shift linkage. But I'm on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to making noise. I don't get the whole thing about the big speakers and ultra loud bikes.
    I love the general stealthiness of my wing, as well as the growl the boxer 6 makes when I really get on it.

bcod151

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    LA PORTE

View attachment 157062
    I agree the music that loud is disrespectful to your neighbors and if he's rev bombing. Some exhaust are loud and I understand but also there's no need to be as loud as possible in your neighborhood. I try to be as quite as possible but I know it's still pretty annoying when I roll in late.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ABS Brakes anyone?

Interesting study. I know some folks who resisted ABS on cars when then came out. I know some bikers who think they are better than the computerized brain that powers ABS systems. Me, I trust the ABS and it is one of several reasons I bought my bike. For me, it is a deal breaker on a modern bike if it is not equipped with ABS.

Full article at the link.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom