• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I rode today around town. Saw my bud 'miah going out west. Made for a chilly ride but doable. Zoomed by Printcraft's casa, wind was lackluster in city limits and breezy in county. I'm sure a bunch of people saw my Skeletor look happening. Rode thru my old hood / seems the same. Could've used heated grips since I don't have a batwing fairing. Fun ride.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I've used Lemon Pledge for many years for bike cleaning. It works great on the bike, windshields and helmets. It's much less expensive than most bike cleaners, we buy it at Sam's Club. The Pro Honda cleaner and polish is good stuff too but the 12oz cans are around $7 at the dealers. The small 4oz cans are about the same price as 16oz of Pledge.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Ok, I'm one of the Neanderthals who (previously) splashed water on my bike. I'm seeing the Honda Spray and Polish and Lemon Pledge as alternatives to try come Spring.

I didn't see OBS mentioned, which according to their site, is also private label branded as Honda S&P (i.e. same thing, different label). Anyone?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The Mighty Mac has a lot of steel grate too. I didn't think it was any issue other than the fact that I have an irrational fear of heights.
    I've not rode any big bridges. I have had to take a deep breath on some of the taller curving interstate on and off ramps though. The big bridges I crossed in the car are intimidating. :nailbite:

A lot of the small creek and culvert type bridges down here are being replaced with short steel grate bridges. I've never had trouble, but never gave them a chance to mess me up due to the unmistakable motorcycle warning signs. No complaints about the signs. One of them I cross regularly is at the tail of a sweeping curve. An effort needs to be made to enter the bridge strait up and down.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Interested in SAFE riding gear?

MotoCAP of Australia has released safety ratings for new motorcycle riding gloves.

Link to Gloves --> https://www.motocap.com.au/products/gloves

MotoCAP tests motorcycle gear for both safety and comfort, with help from the Deakin University Institute for Frontier Materials. Because MotoCAP relies on donated gear for testing, it’s limited in what it can examine. However, it’s slowly building up a database of tested gear, with more equipment added every few months.

Link to Jackets --> https://www.motocap.com.au/products/jackets

Link to Pants --> https://www.motocap.com.au/products/pants

If you’re unfamiliar with MotoCAP is not an actual government sanctioning body; it’s a newer semi-private project in Australia, partnering a long list of government bodies and transporation-focused organizations (Transport for NSW, State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA), VicRoads, Transport Accident Commission (TAC), Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV), Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR), Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC), Lifetime Support Authority (LSA), the Department for Infrastructure and Transport, Western Australian Police: Road Safety Commission, Department of State Growth, Insurance Australia Group (IAG), Australian Motorcycle Council and Accident Compensation Corporation in New Zealand).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I have a smaller/cheaper jump box like this in my tool tube. Video reminded me it's time to put the jump box on the charger.

Wonder if there are any particulars on how to test these things, before I charge it? See if it would still crank over the engine after months of no charging? Still charge my phone?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    My favorite bridge to ride. The Wabash Cannonball Bidge between Vincennes and St. Francisville IL. This is actully the best part of the suface. It's hilarious on the DR650 but Mama is not a fan when I take her over it on the Goldwing. For those unfamiliar with the bridge it has a pretty cool history. It was, of course, origionally a railroad crossing. After the railroad abonded it, it was bought by a local farmer who converted it to a vehicle bridge and then ultimately sold it to Illinois which promptly stuck a 1 dollar toll on the St. Francisville side while ignoring the bridge itself. It is also known locally as the "Purple Head Bridge" after a Native American Shaman met an untimely demise that resulted in his decapitation. Apparently, he never received a proper burial and was pretty ticked off about it. Some claim to still see his purple head rising up from the bridge occassionally. If you get a chance check it out. Some of the equipment that rotated the bridge to allow steamship riverboats to pass is still visible under the superstructure. Lots of history rusting away. 20170305_125617.jpg

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington

I have a smaller/cheaper jump box like this in my tool tube. Video reminded me it's time to put the jump box on the charger.

Wonder if there are any particulars on how to test these things, before I charge it? See if it would still crank over the engine after months of no charging? Still charge my phone?

I have the NOCO GB 40. Powerful enough to turn over a v8. Has usb and multi mode lights for work or emergency signal.
    bw: hook it up to your riding mower for a test bed. Those mower batteries always crap out by springtime.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Changed out most of the hardware on the 55 Thunderbird over the weekend.
    The older British bikes use hardware called Whitworth which is not quite metric and not quite SAE.
    As a consequence all the nuts and bolts heads have been chewed up over the last 60 years by all manner of field expedient solutions.
    I happened across a set of polished stainless steel hardware for the bike a couple weeks back and dismantled and reassembled the bike for the third time in the years that I have been the caretaker.

Attachments

• E2EB04B9-959A-4A4F-A79D-69C989F35629.jpeg
      E2EB04B9-959A-4A4F-A79D-69C989F35629.jpeg
      1.8 MB · Views: 7
    Top Bottom