• ...and so much more!
  • Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I agree with all the HD branding merch. I have an Indian and I do hav an Indian Jacket, that is about it. Oh, and an Indian coffee mug.

At the gym there is another rider who has a nice HD chopper, always parks it out of the sun on the walkway by the windows. He has Harley shirts, belts, hats and tattoos. Rode there one day and he comes in so I ask him if he rode today. His response is no too much salt and dirt on the road. 20 minute ride and 3 hours cleaning. Never knew they were that delicate. Mine is usually a lttle dirty, if it is nice enough to wash it is nice enough to ride.

Don

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree with all the HD branding merch. I have an Indian and I do hav an Indian Jacket, that is about it. Oh, and an Indian coffee mug.

At the gym there is another rider who has a nice HD chopper, always parks it out of the sun on the walkway by the windows. He has Harley shirts, belts, hats and tattoos. Rode there one day and he comes in so I ask him if he rode today. His response is no too much salt and dirt on the road. 20 minute ride and 3 hours cleaning. Never knew they were that delicate. Mine is usually a little dirty, if it is nice enough to wash it is nice enough to ride.

Don

Parking a motorcycle on a sidewalk is one of the douchiest things you can do.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This along with telling strangers on an online forum how dumb they are compared to yourself.

Not sure if that's directed at me... I certainly didn't direct my comment at anyone here.

It's not "dumb" to park on a sidewalk, but in most cases it says, "I'm more important than any pedestrian, and I'll park where I want" - which certainly seems douchie. If you've got a license plate, it certainly seems logical to park in a designated spot.

And if your statement is true, INGO might have to reevaluate how we talk about liberals.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It's hard to beat the power, comfort, and safety of my hand built CVO Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic. Lots of luggage space, heated seats and grips, dual crash bars. A long ride that doesn't hurt your back and kidneys, or make your arms freeze.

But it's not for everyone. :cool:

Not so hard with a Honda Gold Wing. :): Plus you'd have money left over to buy a pretty nice sportbike. :rockwoot:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It's hard to beat the power, comfort, and safety of my hand built CVO Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic. Lots of luggage space, heated seats and grips, dual crash bars. A long ride that doesn't hurt your back and kidneys, or make your arms freeze.

But it's not for everyone. :cool:

I was going to add to this earlier but was too busy.
    Most times I'm in a dealership, there's not anything in there that appeals to me. I liked the hard candy customs, the Screamin Eagle Softail Springer, the 110 Softail, the CVO Road King. The Dyna is too tall for my wife. Most of what's there doesn't speak to the custom bike image that's part of their culture. You go into a showroom and you're let down. You walk out with a tshirt. Their nice bikes are really nice, but it's only a small part of the market.
    I'm not a fan of the catalytic converter either, or the radiator to cool the choked engine back down. Thanks California.

I agree with Printcraft. They should bring back the Buell. Low center of gravity. Gas in the frame. And it was an entry bike to a Harley.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I agree with Printcraft. They should bring back the Buell. Low center of gravity. Gas in the frame. And it was an entry bike to a Harley.
    HD bought Buell and destroyed it instead of building a modern dynasty from it. It was never an entry bike to HD, it was a true ADV-Touring bike before the category ever took off. ADV-Touring bikes are one of the only growth areas in the entire motorcycle industry and the category is dominated by BMW and KTM. Honda is making inroads in the category as well. But Buell could have owned it if HD didn’t screw it up.

Not so hard with a Honda Gold Wing. :): Plus you'd have money left over to buy a pretty nice sportbike. :rockwoot:

The newest generation Goldwings are drool worthy!

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My next bike might be an Africa Twin or a CB1000R, not sure yet, I have a while to think on what kind of bike I want next

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My next bike might be an Africa Twin or a CB1000R, not sure yet, I have a while to think on what kind of bike I want next

Ohhhh.... I want one of those.

Currently have the NC750x, which is a street tamed ADV-Touring style bike. Basically a smaller AT looking bike with softer suspension that is obviously road oriented. The AT is an awesome machine but even taller in the saddle. I'm 6' and can barely flat foot the NC750x, I'm pretty sure the Africa Twin is almost an inch higher in the saddle. But damn it is a nice machine, road manners are supposed to be great. And with the DCT transmission and multi mode traction control its a beast off road, odd that the automatic gets such high praise in the reviews but the professional riders seem to prefer it to a manual.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Anyone know of any group rides this weekend? I tried finding something last weekend but it seems like everything is still cancelled. The weather is looking good Sat. and Sunday. I may need to go on an all day ride to break up the day to day of late.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Ohhhh.... I want one of those.

Currently have the NC750x, which is a street tamed ADV-Touring style bike. Basically a smaller AT looking bike with softer suspension that is obviously road oriented. The AT is an awesome machine but even taller in the saddle. I'm 6' and can barely flat foot the NC750x, I'm pretty sure the Africa Twin is almost an inch higher in the saddle. But damn it is a nice machine, road manners are supposed to be great. And with the DCT transmission and multi mode traction control its a beast off road, odd that the automatic gets such high praise in the reviews but the professional riders seem to prefer it to a manual.
    I'm not gonna spend that much on a bike without a test ride that's for sure.
    I just looked it up and it's 34". I've ridden a Yamaha WR250R which is 36" and was just off my heel, and various regular dirt bikes which are about there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm not gonna spend that much on a bike without a test ride that's for sure.
    I just looked it up and it's 34". I've ridden a Yamaha WR250R which is 36" and was just off my heel, and various regular dirt bikes which are about there.
    That surprised me so I looked up mine and compared it.

My NC750x is 32.7
    The Africa Twin is 34.3

So about 1.5" difference. I thought it was more. Still, I'd set the AT seat into the low position if I got one. That shaves a little bit of height.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Heading out for an afternoon ride, but ran across a moto-traveler this morning and chatted with him for about 45 minutes while he was resting. He lives in Ft Wayne, IN and was returning home from Montana. He woke up in Iowa and rode through Illinois without stopping. Said he refuses to give income to the State of Illinois. Stopped in Schererville, IN on US 30 a few miles east of the Illinois state line for fuel, food and some oil. Riding a Suzuki, Bandit??? 1250cc???

He had a set of Givi boxes on the bike that caught my attention. Largely because one of them was melted through by the exhaust gasses from his muffler! Fortunately nothing caught fire and he had packed light so he shifted his load around and was riding the last legs of the trip home with the right side box empty. He has been riding with the same set up on other trips. He said he spent one really long day on the bike and blames the melt-through on the fact that he was iron butting his way back east. Figured that if he had taken longer stops the engine would cool a bit more, the exhaust heat would have been lowered, the ambient temperature of the bottom of the box would have been lower, etc etc etc

Nice guy, he will be home shortly following US 30 right into Colluseum Drive in Ft Wayne.

y34SEugYRnK9S5C4nvbtOA.jpg

xHaeYdwfT6CJIFjJe8IdXg.jpg

Upon close inspection the exhaust gasses from the muffler were so hot that they liquified the plastic and it was blowing off the box. Inside the box the edge was smooth and rounded. Outside you could see where the plastic had literally been dripping and blowing off the box.

J_hz7JjQSgycs3QMJU3l1w.jpg

6FwDNqXYSBedc3eLt38fEA.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    No wonder the underside of my right saddle bag is so crappy and seared. I put tons of genuine HD leather product and Zymol but it never improves it long term.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Watching a live feed. A couple on a bike on Kentucky Avenue at 465, bike got hit and both are laying dead in the street.

Top Bottom