• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Here are a few images of the craziness. The biker culture is alive and well in Indianapolis.
    That is one type of biker culture. There are others. Some of us never attend those things and couldn't be dragged to one.

I support helmets, no helmets, full gear and no gear. Harley and Honda. But I have no desire to ever attend one of those gatherings, or any of the poker runs/group rides/beer rides, etc.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Such irony.

I'm an ATGATT guy, so I don't really fit in at those events.
    Smart Man.
    I've worn gear since my gfather brought my brother home a ZA50.

Watched a few guys on new Ducati 1200R's wearing gear over the weekend.
    Fine Motorcycles...
    If you ever pass an old man with a jockey shift wearing his gear, odds are its me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Smart Man.
    I've worn gear since my gfather brought my brother home a ZA50.

Watched a few guys on new Ducati 1200R's wearing gear over the weekend.
    Fine Motorcycles...
    If you ever pass an old man with a jockey shift wearing his gear, odds are its me.
    If you ever pass an old man with a walker that used to ride the **** out of cycles that's me. I'm a rebel. I don't wear any gear. :oldwise: My first bike was a "55 Pan Head. Many moons later I'm tooling around with a walker.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If you ever pass an old man with a walker that used to ride the **** out of cycles that's me. I'm a rebel. I don't wear any gear. :oldwise: My first bike was a "55 Pan Head. Many moons later I'm tooling around with a walker.
    I know the day is coming for me also. Its amazing how many men walk up and start a conversation when I'm out on the Pan or a Shovel and they know what model it is.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I had a bad wreck awhile back and everyone asked if I was wearing a helmet. I was, but I didn't hit my head. It really confused me why they would ask that when it didn't matter in that instance. I guess they were trying to see if I was responsible? That's like getting a flat tire and someone says "were you wearing your seatbelt?" Maybe it's the only safety thing non riders know to ask about. I was also wearing boots gloves and jeans but nobody asked about those. I'm also a pretty good rider with about twenty years experience and no major wreck but nobody asks those questions.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I know the day is coming for me also. Its amazing how many men walk up and start a conversation when I'm out on the Pan or a Shovel and they know what model it is.
    Yep. My first street bike wasn't a vintage H-D model purchased brand new in '55. (Wish I had one of those) I'm old but not that old. The first street bike (pictured below) I ever had when I was 18 in the mid 70's was put together with a modified hardtail frame, extended forks, drag bars and pipes. It had a '55 Pan head motor and transmission. I was mainly into dirt bikes prior to that.

The reason for not being able ride now like I did for so many years is due to hard work in the construction business and hard living outside of that. The reason for the walker now is due to back, hip and knee issues otherwise I would still be kicking it on two wheels.

61126_1371753468029_7259125_n.jpg

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yep. My first street bike wasn't a vintage H-D model purchased brand new in '55. (Wish I had one of those) I'm old but not that old. The first street bike (pictured below) I ever had when I was 18 in the mid 70's was put together with a modified hardtail frame, extended forks, drag bars and pipes that had a '55 Pan head motor and transmission. I was mainly into dirt bikes prior to that.

The reason for not being able ride now like I did for so many years is due to hard work in the construction business and hard living outside of that. The reason for the walker now is due to back, hip and knee issues otherwise I would still be kicking it on two wheels.

View attachment 279224
    Love it, my second one was a 75 XLCH 1000 Sportster that I raked it with a 8" over set of tubes. Added a hunt mag and a Lake injector. It was fun, when I could get it started.
    Like you I hit the trades after my time overseas, 20 plus years of building elevators. For some reason im one of the few that didnt blow themselfs out and get early retirement. My hands hurt and im always sore at almost 65. My #2 is home for a few months and hes already on my ass getting back in better shape.
    Im gonna stay on two wheels until I
    fall over a few times and then im most likely done with them.
    It will be fun watching the boys argue over them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Love it, my second one was a 75 XLCH 1000 Sportster that I raked it with a 8" over set of tubes. Added a hunt mag and a Lake injector. It was fun, when I could get it started.
    Like you I hit the trades after my time overseas, 20 plus years of building elevators. For some reason im one of the few that didnt blow themselfs out and get early retirement. My hands hurt and im always sore at almost 65. My #2 is home for a few months and hes already on my ass getting back in better shape.
    Im gonna stay on two wheels until I
    fall over a few times and then im most likely done with them.
    It will be fun watching the boys argue over them.
    When I was a young buck, I thought that I was invincible as most do at that age and could do anything which I did indeed try to do no matter how much punishment my body was taking. The punishment wasn't due to taking drugs or anything like that though. I was working hard and playing hard living life to the fullest back then but the cold hard smack in the face of reality is coming about now proving that I'm not invincible.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When I was a young buck, I thought that I was invincible as most do at that age and could do anything which I did indeed try to do no matter how much punishment my body was taking. The punishment wasn't due to taking drugs or anything like that though. I was working hard and playing hard living life to the fullest back then but the cold hard smack in the face of reality is coming about now proving that I'm not invincible.
    I smoked weed twice at 28 years old. Never any other drugs. Some dark good booze with my kids when they are home. Thats about it.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I smoked weed twice at 28 years old. Never any other drugs. Some dark good booze with my kids when they are home. Thats about it.
    I'll not deny that I briefly smoked a little weed occasionally and did some drinking back then but never to the point of damaging myself. thru addiction. I was high on the rush of other unrelated things.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'll not deny that I briefly smoked a little weed occasionally and did some drinking back then but never to the point of damaging myself. thru addiction. I was high on the rush of other unrelated things.
    Im still chasing some stuff myself.
    About an hour or so ago my thing two was pushing out my 1980 80 cube FXS into the driveway. I asked if he needed help, he said nope. I finely heard it start and havent seen him since.

Reactions: KG1
    Top Bottom