• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    The pic is pretty cringeworthy if you think about the "asphalt exfoliation" being applied to the woman's arms.

True, but stupid should hurt.

Dress for the slide not the ride, ATGATT, etc. Only idiots ride without gear and then get upset when they go down and wind up with rash. Sucks and I feel bad for her, but at the same time, she can blame no one but herself at the end of the day as she chose to ride without appropriate gear. Harsh, but it’s the truth. :dunno:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm looking for a little input here, guys. I'm really wanting a second bike by next year's riding season, but I'm still not sure which way to go.

I currently have an Ultra Limited, so I really want something different. I'd like a bike that's light, nimble, and something reasonably quick. Adventure bikes have caught my eye recently. Do current owners think that type of bike might scracth my itch? My limited has the twin-cam engine in it, so would a mid-sized adventure bike be underpowered, or would I need to go full size? I'll throw in that my off road use will be very minimal. It may see the occasional dirt or gravel road, but it would be mainly pavement.

Before someone makes the suggestion, I'm much too old and fat for a sport bike. I like to go reasonably long distances, so that type of riding position is a definite no.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Dress for the slide not the ride, ATGATT, etc. Only idiots ride without gear and then get upset when they go down and wind up with rash. Sucks and I feel bad for her, but at the same time, she can blame no one but herself at the end of the day as she chose to ride without appropriate gear. Harsh, but it’s the truth. :dunno:
    Ive had other Harley riders get pissed off when ive made that statement.
    Like im the one responsible when they grind off all the skin in a 55 mph slide tumble and talk like John Fetterman for the rest of their lives.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm looking for a little input here, guys. I'm really wanting a second bike by next year's riding season, but I'm still not sure which way to go.

I currently have an Ultra Limited, so I really want something different. I'd like a bike that's light, nimble, and something reasonably quick. Adventure bikes have caught my eye recently. Do current owners think that type of bike might scracth my itch? My limited has the twin-cam engine in it, so would a mid-sized adventure bike be underpowered, or would I need to go full size? I'll throw in that my off road use will be very minimal. It may see the occasional dirt or gravel road, but it would be mainly pavement.

Before someone makes the suggestion, I'm much too old and fat for a sport bike. I like to go reasonably long distances, so that type of riding position is a definite no.
    A FX model with a twin cam 96 ci or larger engine with mid pegs.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Ive had other Harley riders get pissed off when ive made that statement.
    Like im the one responsible when they grind off all the skin in a 55 mph slide tumble and talk like John Fetterman for the rest of their lives.

The truth hurts too, lol. They KNOW we’re right, and that’s why they get upset. They want the freedom of riding sans gear, with the wind in their Willy Nelson hair and bugs in their teeth, but they don’t want any of that “logical, responsibility crap” when you point out the hazards of riding that way, lol.

Riding is a calculated risk. If I can mitigate the risk of severe harm or disfigurement, I will. And I still have a helluva good time riding, too. It must be magic! ;)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Several years back a guy on a crotch rocket asked why I was staring at him and chuckling. He had on a full face helmet, gym shorts, and tennis shoes nothing else, well I don't know what was under his shorts. I told him when he lays the bike down dressed like that his entire body is going to look like hamburger but at least his head will be in good shape for the funeral. I don't even ride and I knew that.

Top Bottom