5h1.gif

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Safariland ALS thigh rig to use while on the bike. I just pop the paddle or belt loop off the back of my ALS holster and switch it over to the thigh rig. That having even said, I’ve never really felt the need to wear it but I have it anyway.

And, I’m left-handed so wearing it on my left thigh makes it easy. So does having a bike with a DCT transmission. No clutch. So I guess I could do cowboy action on my motorcycle if I really wanted to :)

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    A while back I got a left handed OWB for my then carry gun. Then I thought about what Basher said and it's been in the "some day I'll sell it" pile since. There's really no way to win shooting on a bike. support hand, off a moving vehicle, what are you going to hit? If by some miracle you hit someone while moving, where does their vehicle go? Do they stop in the road or fall on the gas through a playground? Better to evade and escape or stop and fight.

I have a Safariland ALS thigh rig to use while on the bike. I just pop the paddle or belt loop off the back of my ALS holster and switch it over to the thigh rig. That having even said, I’ve never really felt the need to wear it but I have it anyway.

And, I’m left-handed so wearing it on my left thigh makes it easy. So does having a bike with a DCT transmission. No clutch. So I guess I could do cowboy action on my motorcycle if I really wanted to :)
    Clutches are only for stopping and in an oh-crap situation, optional lol

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've never even thought about shooting while riding, I carry IWB right side...I figure I'll be off or down if I need the gun....On the other hand, it would be cool to have a scabbard to carry a rifle....it would have to be a lever gun....you know, because...lever gun....

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I've never even thought about shooting while riding, I carry IWB right side...I figure I'll be off or down if I need the gun....On the other hand, it would be cool to have a scabbard to carry a rifle....it would have to be a lever gun....you know, because...lever gun....
    This. There's no reason to keep the gun on the motorcycle. If you're in the position to where you need the firearm, someone is probably stealing it from you and is already gun up (now they have your bike and your gun), or if that's not the situation, you're on a motorcycle and should have the ability to get away. I appendix carry while riding. I don't open carry because, lets face it, no matter how badass you think you are, if someone wants your gun and has a car to hit you with, you lose every single time. Real world situations, you're not going to be shooting from your motorcycle while driving it. Throttle side, clutch side. You're either stuck in whatever gear you are in or you're not going anywhere. Keep the gun on you. Escape the situation, or get off and fight.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    This. There's no reason to keep the gun on the motorcycle. If you're in the position to where you need the firearm, someone is probably stealing it from you and is already gun up (now they have your bike and your gun), or if that's not the situation, you're on a motorcycle and should have the ability to get away. I appendix carry while riding. I don't open carry because, lets face it, no matter how badass you think you are, if someone wants your gun and has a car to hit you with, you lose every single time. Real world situations, you're not going to be shooting from your motorcycle while driving it. Throttle side, clutch side. You're either stuck in whatever gear you are in or you're not going anywhere. Keep the gun on you. Escape the situation, or get off and fight.
    I'm with you except one thing. You only need the clutch when stopped. Once moving, no clutch needed to shift. Joys of sequential dogboxes. put a little pressure on the shifter and flick the throttle. Clutch makes it smoother for most people but isn't actually necessary.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Left hand Safariland tactical rig. I get some weird looks but that's because I look weird. I have never been harassed by "the man" either. Maybe I need to up my game with a Law rocket strapped to me and a couple on the bike?

Top Bottom