• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    does anyone else ride? My strong hand is throttle side and i don't want to get a left side holster just for riding so... any ideas? thanks
    I just ride with my normal OWB holster. Strong side is throttle side. Are you looking for something to mount on the bike?

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    I just ride with my normal OWB holster. Strong side is throttle side. Are you looking for something to mount on the bike?
    yes, i have the under the steering wheel one for my truck and was thinking about something on the bars. Indianapolis is becoming horrible. I have about 9 months left to work and then I'm not going back.

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield
    Are you at all concerned about the logistics of what happens when you reach your destination? It seems to me that you would have to get the gun in your hand to transfer it from the motorcycle-mounted holster to another location on your person or locked up. Now, most people are oblivious, but it could get awkward in a hurry. I'm not ridiculing you at all. Just wondering.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Never have considered going right handed when I ride a left hand clutch Shovel or a left foot clutch, left hand jockey shift Panhead.
    OP, maybe you should look into a vintage Triumph or Indian with the carb on the left.
    They were designed to ride and shoot off of.

s-l500~2.jpg

This thread should be moved to,
    Real World Problems.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Never have considered going right handed when I ride a left hand clutch Shovel or a left foot clutch, left hand jockey shift Panhead.
    OP, maybe you should look into a vintage Triumph or Indian with the carb on the left.
    They were designed to ride and shoot off of.

View attachment 223148

This thread should be moved to,
    Real World Problems.
    Oh man that shirts great!
    I’m probably gonna get that for an employee!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    If you’re shooting at someone while riding, you a) are an idiot, and b) are an idiot for allowing yourself to get boxed in bad enough to feel the need to fire when riding. Harsh, perhaps unpopular, opinion, but I said what I said.

I’m almost 37, and I’ve been riding since I was 9. For awhile, I was riding 130mi a day between work and school. I also rode for work as a test rider for a season. If I haven’t ridden close to 300,000 miles, I’ll be shocked. Day, night, rain, or shine, and never once did I feel like I needed to shoot while riding. You’re accountable for every bullet you fire, and doing so in traffic, from one moving vehicle to another, sounds like a sure way to hang yourself in court.

But you do you, I guess. If it were me, I’d suggest you carry as usual on your person, and invest the money you’d waste on a bike-mounted carry option on a few riding classes to up your ability to “see and avoid” trouble and/or maneuver your way quickly out of it…

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Damn, I know how you got your screen same…

Nope, I chose this handle years and years ago when playing online games. :)

But as a rider who tries to help maintain a positive image for riding, a responsible firearm owner who tries to help maintain a positive image for the 2A, and as someone who knows a guy who did something stupid involving riding and firearms and spent several years in prison and now lives life as a felon because of it, I’m not shy about pointing out foolishness involving this stuff.

Shooting while riding a motorcycle is Hollywood BS and has no place in reality, IMO. You will be exceedingly lucky to hit the broad side of a barn while doing it. Tell me how anyone is going to get legit practice to obtain the skillset needed to pull off these impossible shots and I may change my tune. And your neck gets laid further and further out on the chopping block for each time you’d pull the trigger. Hit a bystander and your a** is grass, period. The courts will not side with you, that I can almost guarantee. It’s a terrible, horrible, very bad, no good idea. Don’t do it. OC if you REALLY feel the need, but we’ll all be reading a post here about “man on a motorcycle wildly fires into traffic in road rage incident” if anyone is dumb enough to use a handgun while riding, mark my words.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    OP, not a rider, but would cruise control factor in here?
    There’s only so much you can do, clutch or throttle, gotta pick one.
    If any of my rides had cruise control, heated grips and seat, stereo or a windshield I would not be paying attention and run into something stationary.

Not into "Look I rode a heated leather sofa with a onboard cooler and cruise control cross country this summer while myself and everyone around me listened to Steppenwolf"

Top Bottom