• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Doing some long range rimfire recently. Even using 15$/box Eley Tenex..... 2 out of 50 didn't fire.
    th-230158820.jpg
    I Still like Tenex, but you'd think for the price they would be better than that.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Doing some long range rimfire recently. Even using 15$/box Eley Tenex..... 2 out of 50 didn't fire.
    View attachment 285675
    I Still like Tenex, but you'd think for the price they would be better than that.
    I use Eley force when I use eley. It has been 100% reliable for me with all the rounds I have fired.

CCI mini mags, Stingers, Segmented have all been 100% reliable.

Federal punch has been 100% reliable so far. I've ran 4 boxes only.

For cheap shooting I have been using Federal AutoMatch it does pretty good but it has maybe 1% failure rate if that. Not often but it's there.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I recently had a couple of rounds of Aguila that were bad. They wouldn't chamber in anything, including a S&W Model 18 revolver. It's hard to see from the photo, but the lead was pushed down over the mouth of the case. I contacted Aguila a few weeks ago and crickets. View attachment 280160
    Update: After some prodding by a 3rd party, Aguila in Houston, TX responded. After I sent them the photos and lot number, they sent a FEDEX mailing label and requested the 4 defective rounds and box be sent to them. I complied. At no time did I request a refund, but Aguila says that there is a check in the mail to me for $4.99. The process took about 6 weeks and I didn't drag my feet!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Update: After some prodding by a 3rd party, Aguila in Houston, TX responded. After I sent them the photos and lot number, they sent a FEDEX mailing label and requested the 4 defective rounds and box be sent to them. I complied. At no time did I request a refund, but Aguila says that there is a check in the mail to me for $4.99. The process took about 6 weeks and I didn't drag my feet!
    Aguila treated me VERY well over a single round of 9mm with a relatively benign defect. Like a check for 1k rounds at current prices, which had been purchased before the scamdemic. They received back less than 50 rounds from the lot for investigation.

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I'm looking for suggestions for the most reliable .22 ammo. I know the caliber will never work as well as I might like but what gets me the closest? I've had some luck with CCI mini mags but wonder if there is something better. Thoughts?

CCI Mini Mags. Works in my Ruger 22/45 and my CMMG conversion kit for the AR-15. They are my go to .22LR.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Aguila treated me VERY well over a single round of 9mm with a relatively benign defect. Like a check for 1k rounds at current prices, which had been purchased before the scamdemic. They received back less than 50 rounds from the lot for investigation.
    ¡Genial!

Top Bottom