• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I'm looking for suggestions for the most reliable .22 ammo. I know the caliber will never work as well as I might like but what gets me the closest? I've had some luck with CCI mini mags but wonder if there is something better. Thoughts?

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I tell you, for cheap, cheap 22 ammo, try the armscor 36 grain. It's been running great in our Savage 64. No issues in probably 400 rounds. Of course CCI is great too. I've also had great success with Remington Thunderbolts but not sure if they're making them again yet. Of course the 64 seems to eat anything you throw at it.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I have 4 rf guns I run for steel matches. 2 mkiv 22/45 tactical I run 40gr hv blazers or 40 gr auguila hv.
    M&P 15-22 gets cci AR tactical, 10-22 gets fed automatch.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    CCI, as has been stated numerous times...I'm having good luck with the Aguila 40grsuper extra.
    I recently had a couple of rounds of Aguila that were bad. They wouldn't chamber in anything, including a S&W Model 18 revolver. It's hard to see from the photo, but the lead was pushed down over the mouth of the case. I contacted Aguila a few weeks ago and crickets. IMG_1883.JPG

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    For small quantities, cannot go wrong with CCI Minimags. For bulk, I've had good luck with the Winchester white box plated ammo. The Federal AutoMatch at Walmart works great in my AR with conversion bolt carrier but would not function correctly in my Walther p22 when I had it despite Remington Thunderbolts working in it.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The federal auto match did not perform GREAT at my last Appleseed out of 4 different 10/22’s we had over 15 duds.

Doesn’t seem like a lot when you’re talking about 1200 rounds but stinks when you’re shooting for score lol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder how much quality control among all rimfire manufactures went to :poop: amongst the 'rona, then lockdowns, then shortages, now the modern business climate?

Makes you wonder what is the acceptable failure rate for a mass produced "cheap" non-defensive round?

:scratch:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've had good luck with CCI standard velocity so now have over 10K rounds of it. Federal Auto Match has been pretty good also. Blazer always goes bang but not as accurate in anything I've used it in. If hollow points are needed CCI mostly or Winchester.

Top Bottom