• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    What is going on with mossberg and it’s backorder. I’ve tried to order a 590A1 at Multiple stores in 2 states and everyone has always said 6mo wait if it even comes in??

Did they get bought out? Seems like everyone still has shockwaves on the shelf Atleast lol.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Remington went bankrupt and Mossberg lost is largest competition. Leaving them the only game in town for an American made Pump. I suspect lots of people made the switch and dried up the supply. Then Covid happened and shut down production. So yeah they are probably back logged

Reactions: Leo

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Remington went bankrupt and Mossberg lost is largest competition. Leaving them the only game in town for an American made Pump. I suspect lots of people made the switch and dried up the supply. Then Covid happened and shut down production. So yeah they are probably back logged
    Oh I didn’t even know Remington bankrupt. Glad I sold my 870 lol

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Mossberg is going hard into the shockwaves and new S models. So production of the a1s are taking a hit. Also the rumor mill is the newest a1s coming out went to plastic trigger guards. So that may be affecting it also.

Prices on them have skyrocketed.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Oh I didn’t even know Remington bankrupt. Glad I sold my 870 lol
    I am not saying you should or shouldn't keep anything you own, but cannot figure out what one has to do with the other. I don't connect the firearm in my hand with the status of the corporations business health. Wood and steel lasts a lot longer than any board of directors, and if it is a good machine, it is a good machine. Probably 1/2 of everything I own is a discontinued model and some are from manufacturers that either no longer exist or the name is owed buy someone else.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    I am not saying you should or shouldn't keep anything you own, but cannot figure out what one has to do with the other. I don't connect the firearm in my hand with the status of the corporations business health. Wood and steel lasts a lot longer than any board of directors, and if it is a good machine, it is a good machine. Probably 1/2 of everything I own is a discontinued model and some are from manufacturers that either no longer exist or the name is owed buy someone else.
    I was mostly being sarcastic. But it was a 870 with a 28in barrel for skeet. I do enjoy the mossberg feel a little more. I do enjoy sticking to Brands I know. I’ve had alot of mossbergs and just the 1 Remington. I did really enjoy my remington R1 stainless. I miss that pistol.

Reactions: Leo

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Mossberg is going hard into the shockwaves and new S models. So production of the a1s are taking a hit. Also the rumor mill is the newest a1s coming out went to plastic trigger guards. So that may be affecting it also.

Prices on them have skyrocketed.
    I didn’t even know about the 590S. I’d take one of those in 20in but seems I can’t find those either lol. I guess shockwave with brace

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    12g with a brace sucks nuts unless you love punishment.

I ended up sbsing a shockwave with a form 1 eform that took roughly 2 weeks to get my stamp.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    That is an super short time frame.
    2 weeks??? How so fast lol
    Was sept 9th to sept 22 from fingerprints arriving and approval. I believe, ill have to double check The thread.

form 1 eform was super fast there for a bit until they redid eforms.

No idea how it is now.

Also if you aren’t against buying online. Gun.deals has 590a1s listed for sale on various websites. Prices aren’t great but they aren’t double I guess.

-edit-

1. NFA Item: SBS
    2. Form Type: Form 1 E-file
    3. Transferee Type: Individual
    4. Forms Sent: 09/01/2021
    5. Prints received: 9/07/2021
    6. Approved: 09/21/2021
    7. Stamp received: 9/21/2021

Gonna go buy a lottery ticket...

So 3 weeks roughly, sorry. But still damn fast lol

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I suspect it had something to do with new eforms coming and they wanted to keep it clear maybe? I dunno.

I have a shockwave i sbs’d and a 590a1 20 inch. Love both but wish i could get another metal trigger guard for the shockwave.

Ended up sending both barrels to carlsons to have forcing cones lengthened and threaded for chokes.

Both pretty much pattern like fight control now with cheap 00, and thats with a cynlinder choke.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Was sept 9th to sept 22 from fingerprints arriving and approval. I believe, ill have to double check The thread.

form 1 eform was super fast there for a bit until they redid eforms.

No idea how it is now.

Also if you aren’t against buying online. Gun.deals has 590a1s listed for sale on various websites. Prices aren’t great but they aren’t double I guess.

-edit-

1. NFA Item: SBS
    2. Form Type: Form 1 E-file
    3. Transferee Type: Individual
    4. Forms Sent: 09/01/2021
    5. Prints received: 9/07/2021
    6. Approved: 09/21/2021
    7. Stamp received: 9/21/2021

Gonna go buy a lottery ticket...

So 3 weeks roughly, sorry. But still damn fast lol
    Ya I seen a couple but I’m not gonna pay 900$ lol. MSRP is like 700$ and pre panic they were roughly 550-600$ it seems

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Mine was model 51773 and I believe I got it online for 419? But that was 6 or 7 years ago.

My shockwave I picked up on sale at dunhams and I believe that was 300 and some change out the door.

Between that and the tax stamp and stock my total was near 700.

But that's damn sight better than year wait for an actual form 4 sbs lol

Top Bottom