• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    My brother and dad found a little over 1&1/2 pounds worth. A mixed bag of gray’s, yellows and a few elephant ears. since Wednesday last. Mighty early for this far north. The crazy weather I’m guessing. The next two nights of 25* should cure that. Will be an excellent bench mark year to see if they return after the cold snap.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Question for the knowledgeable mushroom hunters here:

With the warmer weather, and now these unseasonably cold temps in the evenings/mornings, are the mushrooms done, or will they be back?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Found 5 morels in the backyard mowing / cut sycamore tree down 14 years ago. We have never had mushrooms in the yard before. I gave them a shake before picking them.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Found two whites, three blacks, two ticks and one chigger in Lawrence county. The ticks were the microscopic white variety, and the chigger is driving me nuts on my ankle.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Found two whites, three blacks, two ticks and one chigger in Lawrence county. The ticks were the microscopic white variety, and the chigger is driving me nuts on my ankle.
    Sorry to hear that Hkindiana, hoping the 3" of snow and 27 degree temps hurt the tick and chigger population around here.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Parke County - yesterday we found about 40 large grays & yellows. I was shocked that they were up a couple days after snow. But these suckers we big.
    I was wondering what the snow and freezing temps were going to do to this years crop. Sounds like I need to get back out to the woods pronto!

Top Bottom