• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Well I went out earlier Friday morning and found 17 but the great thing is I found a new spot in the same woods. These were nice size Grey's but they were a pain (I mean this literally) to get to. I have never been in a more thorn infested place. I found all these in Madison county just incase someone wanted to know.

tightlines

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    Spent two hours this morning at what has been a great place in the past and came home
    Empty handed. Highly disappointed in my hotspot, but always good to be in the woods.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Well, I went from being excited to disappointed all at the same time. Excited because I finally found morels on our property but disappointed because they are dried out.

IMAG0278.jpg

I picked 24 but only 21 made it back without falling a part. There's still dozens out there.

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

It could have been a pretty good haul had I made it out Saturday.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I am convinced, that there is NO such thing as Morel Mushrooms.:xmad:

Is it possible that an area of woods is TOO damp to produce morels??? This is my first year looking and hunting morels, so it could just be technique, and not having a trained eye for them

This is my first year actually hunting morels and the ones I found on our property were in somewhat thick woods around downed trees. Also in around sticker bushes. The ground was damp but pretty firm. Once you spot the first one then they all kinda jump out at you.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Well, I went from being excited to disappointed all at the same time. Excited because I finally found morels on our property but disappointed because they are dried out.

IMAG0278.jpg

I picked 24 but only 21 made it back without falling a part. There's still dozens out there.

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

It could have been a pretty good haul had I made it out Saturday.

We call those dog peckers. I think they are a diff type of morel, rather than a yellow or grey. They are good eatin

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I was doing some yard work for mom Saturday she walks out to the crab apple tree and came back with 32 little greys. Looks like that part of the yard isn't getting mowed for awhile.

Top Bottom