• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    JMHO Agree with Clint or not at least he can back up his game unlike a lot of others ( I mean he built a pretty good buisness and was hired by a lot of places most here probably couldn't make the cut for)

Before retirement I was involved with Agency firearms training through FLETC with a lot of SMG experience (close enough to PCC). What Clint addresses on PCC is pretty much true. Most agencies got away from SMG stuff because a 10 to 15" SMG did very little more performance wise than a 5" sidearm (even 16 or 20" doesn't make it that great)

If you like them you like them and there can be a couple places for a PCC in a home defense role (an older person that has no interest in a handgun I get as they can be more accurate for the least experienced shooter) ) but from seeing performance in a LE type capacity a lot of people making decisions aren't sold on them as the push back to M4 stuff is across the board. (Was at joint training with FBI SWAT back in 2009 and they dumped the MP5 and use M4 with 55 gr for building entries)

To me it seems the biggest boom recently is the addition of PCC categories in a few shooting sports. So the competitors seem to have the most heartburn when someone criticize the practical role of a PCC.

While thats their buisness, I do laugh at the bragging types boasting "I'm overall top 4 in Practiscore" results on FB. Like dude you had 30 rounds to everyone elses 8 to 19 etc (depending on IDPA or USPSA) you should have beat all the handguns.
    I agree with a lot that Clint says, not everything though. He definitely has experience so when he speaks I listen. I'm just saying he isn't trying to tell you how to think, he is giving his thoughts. To many people want to be told exactly what to think, I don't think that's what he is doing, and I don't even want to get started on the PCC shooting sports. Lol

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wanna divide the crowd? Trash PCC's or .22LR for self-defense. :rolleyes:

I think Clint's great. I'm solid with him on about 80-90%, about like most other trainers.

The sweet thing about Clint is the little morsels that you don't readily catch elsewhere. Revolvers, 30 carbine, 1k loaded magazines, double barrel shotgun, X300 on the rifle, etc, ect, etc.

And yes, Clint's right about PCC being foolish choice for SD, when you could have a real rifle. :)

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Clint is Clint. He has burnt the midnight oil as a student of the gun. He has earned the right to speak his peace as he sees it. Like my politics, I am not 100 percent on his way only. As an instructor it is money well spent but I doubt many on here can spend years and lots of ammo at TR. To habitize the instruction he speaks of, takes training. Day in, day out. Anything else is an attempt. Like many, the man has a lot of experience and many are smart to take what they can learn and make it their own. And yes, my five shot Model 696 in 44 Special has been all I’ve needed so far and my PCC’s are range toys only.

Top Bottom