• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Various Turk ammo (9mm and 12ga) has been on the market here for a while now (several months and examples include Yavex, Venom, ZQI, and Ozkursan in 9mm and BPS, Zuber, and Sterling in 12ga). The SAR branded stuff is just the most recent. Interestingly, primers for some of the Turk 9mm came from Europe because they can't produce enough domestically.

The Israelis (IMI) are still producing and shipping. No additional production to be had from them at current prices.

The Chileans (FAMAE) have been been priced out of the market so far. Sustained high prices here in the US along with the Russian ammo sanctions may change the math for the importers. A small amount of brand new 7.62x51 Nato in 200 round battle packs came in through a small import at the tail end of the Obama-era shortage and the importer got stuck with it as the asking prices were just too high to get people to buy a relatively unknown product in a downward trending market. Overpriced cases were still being peddled at Knob Creek several years into the Trump administration.

Macedonia: Sumbro brand. If you see it, RUN AWAY! They have no qualms about shipping dangerous product. During the Obama shortage (2013), a bunch of their 9mm got imported. Story was that it got loaded with the wrong powder at the factory, but I don't know if that's true (it's messed up ammo in any case). I saw, and have (somewhere), a paper print out of the actual HP White Labs test results that was done after import - the ammo was over 45,000 psi! That is well beyond SAAMI +P levels (38,500 psi). I don't know for certain whatever happened with all of it, but Cope's Distributing was pushing some of it. For interesting reading, I've attached a PDF of a warning from the importer.

Attachments

• Sumbro 9mm NATO +P Memo.pdf
      248.1 KB · Views: 5
    Last edited:

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Is Igman any good? I think it's made in Bosnia. Rainier arms has Igman 308 168gr for .60/rnd but can't find any reviews on it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is Igman any good? I think it's made in Bosnia. Rainier arms has Igman 308 168gr for .60/rnd but can't find any reviews on it.
    There's some stuff about it on AR15.com. Sounds like it's good to go. I just did a DuckDuckGo search for "Igman 308 Ammo Review" and it was the first page that came up.

More search results:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just ordered 400 rounds. Free shipping, but taxes do apply. Thanks for the heads up! That's cheaper than what I recently paid for Hirtenberger (non-corrosive, but Berdan primed) from Max Arms.

Edit: This is probably the best price I've seen since Walmart had ZQ1 at 9.99 a box.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought a few boxes of Samsilmaz 9mm FMJ 115 grain a few months back so the stuff has been around awhile. I haven’t shot much of it but it seems well-made and reliable.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I just ordered 400 rounds. Free shipping, but taxes do apply. Thanks for the heads up! That's cheaper than what I recently paid for Hirtenberger (non-corrosive, but Berdan primed) from Max Arms.

Edit: This is probably the best price I've seen since Walmart had ZQ1 at 9.99 a box.
    I also ordered 400 guess will find out for sure how good it is.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest

I just ordered 400 rounds myself, being it is168 gr. if it is good i will get more should be good in the M1a's

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I saw this on the shelf in quantity at Rural King in Greenwood. They had 168 gr and some 150. Just in case you want to try a box before buying bulk.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yeah i haven't used them before either, but mine is suppose to be here tomorrow also!! thanks for making this known i can't hardly even reload 168 grain at this price
    Today must be Ranier Arm's ammo drop day, I ordered Tuesday morning and mine is scheduled for delivery today also.

Top Bottom