• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Another one of these things showed up again, they make the gardener nervous. DSCN4526 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Black Widow? Yeah, nuke it from space.

When I was in the Army I had a Black Tarantula as a pet, 8" leg span...it pretty much kept everyone out of my room; some folks didn't even want to walk down the hall by my room. Fang was a great pet. Man that thing could move and jump. I fed him grasshoppers and mice. He liked to do this trick where he would wedge his legs into the corner of his aquarium and climb to the top where the mesh screen was then he'd stick his fangs into the screen and let go hanging there.

The guy I got him from had a bunch of Tarantula's and this one was killing his others so he offered it to me. He brought it on base (Ft Carson) in a fish bowl with an ill fitting tupper ware lid on it. When approaching the gate he looked down to see the lid off and Fang sitting on his leg. The gate guard just saw a pickup swerve to the right and go bouncing off across the field then the driver jump out and slam the door shut and stand leaning against the window. On investigation he asked what was up. The driver said "There's a spider in my truck!" He responds "Oh, is there a spider in your truck? Let me see." He opens the door to investigate and then slams it shut screaming "Jesus Christ there's a spider in your truck!!!" Eventually Fang went back in the bowl and continued his journey to me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just killed one that could have been a black widow. I picked up a piece of wood in the garage and saw the black bulbous butt from the side and smooshed it reflexively. no way to ID the smear. LOL

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    For most of the summer I shared the entrance gate house at Theodore Roosevelt National Park with several families of black widows. They lived under the slatted floor and I worked above it. We did not bother each other.

Top Bottom