• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just don't see how building bike lanes and making cities more pedestrian-friendly are bad things.
    By themselves, they are not bad.
    But they don't exist in a vacuum.
    The money spent on them comes from somewhere. Maybe it would have been better spent on making the judicial system clear up some of the backlog.
    On the other hand, maybe it makes the city nicer, more people move in, tax base goes up.
    Good and bad.

Also, where is the space for the bike lane coming from.
    I've seen a line painted on the ground, and NOTHING else. That's not a bike lane. It's a kill zone.
    Some places takes away a car lane. And then traffic gets worse.

Are we knocking buildings down and re planning roads and traffic?
    No. Because then they would catch heat from all the people displaced.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just don't see how building bike lanes and making cities more pedestrian-friendly are bad things.
    I found one down here in a small town. They took a 4 lane section of US40 and stole two for the bike lanes but there is nowhere to go. There are no guest friendly businesses (retail) to speak of along the route except a few gas stations. Its a road to nowhere, and Ive never seen a single bicycle on that stretch of road. . And it impacted traffic flow. (luckily not too much, unless there is a detour when 70 closes)

Kinda like the city ordinance in Indy. If you pull a building permit, you must install a sidewalk if one doesnt already exist. Regardless if there are sidewalks around to connect it to.

Like this property. Note the sidewall. Then zoom out to see how ridiculous it is.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I'm sure Heinz either is working on or already has a Green products division somewhere.
    Put all your own chips in there, Lurch. If your babble is actionable, you'll be a clean air-breathing trillionaire some day.

www.kraftheinzcompany.com

Ask and you'll receive. I'm not sure when kraft acquired H.J. Heinz. Our last year of contracting pickling cucumbers with H.J. was 2007.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep. It seems benign, or even a good idea, until you look at it further. It's not that they want to make it more convenient for you to occasionally ride your bike, it's that they want to force you into using a bike as your primary mode of transportation (that and walking). This will be fine when we're all in our little zones, just like the hunger games.
    It's all part of the nudge, shove, shoot continuum. It sounds nice and paints a pretty picture of folks peddling their bikes to work down town or families out shopping on the square. That's the nudge.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's all part of the nudge, shove, shoot continuum. It sounds nice and paints a pretty picture of folks peddling their bikes to work down town or families out shopping on the square. That's the nudge.

Oh I get it, I love to bike. When I lived in Minnesota, I loved the fact that pretty much every road anywhere had a shoulder that was 3 or 4 times the size of the shoulder on the side of roads in Indiana. That and they had tons more trails. I move back here and the road outside of my addition, Banta, is labeled a bike route. There is zero shoulder on the road. If you want to ride a bike on it, you have to ride in the road with all the cars, on a pretty busy road. Completely stupid. Even in MN though, where they were trying to actually put in bike lanes they did just as bad of a job as we do here (and probably for the same reasons).

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Satan never comes to corrupt you with horns and a pitchfork. He comes to you offering you something appealing to your eye or soft to your ears…
    Gotta agree IMO it’s a gathering of evil!

If the elite get there way we will make “Soylent Green” a reality.

Many of the Climate Lunatics want population control. To the tune of what the population was 500 years ago. How do you accomplish that?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    About 7 years ago…

I was going to post a video I had that shows who really controls things but it has been taken down.

Found another source.

The problem isn't that the investment firms have so much invested in the various companies, it's the control they are using to push things the direction they choose.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Many of the Climate Lunatics want population control. To the tune of what the population was 500 years ago. How do you accomplish that?
    I'm not sure?

Maybe that question ought to be asked of Fauci, Pfizer, China and the WHO.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I love Red Gold ketchup and other tomato products. Hoosier company, BTW.
    Its been about 25 years ago now, a farmer in the Sturgis Michigan area asked if I would like to do a lease/purchase deal on his farm that included a 320-acre RG contract. Dad and I contemplated it but decided managing another operation 50 miles away wasn't going to work. At times I look back and think we should have done it, but it would have been a challenge.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The Four Horsemen

Top Bottom