Mods for Swiss Army knife

peterock

Marksman
Rating - 94.4%
17   1   0
Jun 24, 2008
northside of indy
My daughter turned 10 recently so I let her choose her first knife, she was between a leatherman and a SAK huntsman. She chose the SAK, which I think was a great choice, and we started looking at how people setup their knives with paracord, compass, whistle, things like that. I want to get the firefly fire starter that replaces the toothpick but I’m curious if anyone has any other mods they like. We camp a lot so she is most excited for whittling and firestarting.

obijohn

Master
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Mar 24, 2008
Terre Haute
The ferro rod that replaces the toothpick should be considered last ditch emergency at best. IMHO it is a novelty. A nice para cord lanyard on the split ring would be decorative and useful. Perhaps a ferro toggle instead of a bead to give her more useful fire starting ability. BTW, the huntsman is a stellar choice.

peterock

Marksman
Rating - 94.4%
17   1   0
Jun 24, 2008
northside of indy
The ferro rod that replaces the toothpick should be considered last ditch emergency at best. IMHO it is a novelty. A nice para cord lanyard on the split ring would be decorative and useful. Perhaps a ferro toggle instead of a bead to give her more useful fire starting ability. BTW, the huntsman is a stellar choice.
Good to know on the toothpick ferro rod, I will still get it as she’s very interested in survival skills and I think it’s more useful than the plastic toothpick. Thought about using one of the small compass with whistle as a “bead” of sorts

jerrob

Sharpshooter
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mar 1, 2013
Hancock Co.
When I read your title, I assumed you were looking for a tade.
I thought good luck getting anyone to trade ya a Swiss Army Knife for any of them...................well, maybe CM, he has 1911s.

Goodbye all.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Jun 24, 2013
><(((((*>
The tweezers come in handy for...for... I forget.
:):

Top Bottom