• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    I have a S&W model 37 no dash and the double action pull is extremely heavy along with the hammer being stiff to pull back in single action mode. The trigger is crisp in single action and I was curious is this common for snub nose revolvers or is mine a third shift friday night gun. My model 19 is wonderful to shoot in either single or double action, it does have the wider trigger and hammer, but I wouldn't think that would make a huge difference. The 37 doesn't show any wear either so maybe it needs breaking in but I never thought of a snub gun as a plinker. If it's just me let me know I'm getting soft in my old age or if this is something you have experienced with new or like new revolvers. Thank you!

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    It (SOUNDS) like a similar problem that I had with my 642 and unless you are very good with things mechanical, I would find a good gunsmith to look it over.

On mine it was the (hand) binding in the frame slot because of mis-fitted ratchet on the back of the cylinder. I took mine down from 17# to 10#'s DA and it smoothed up very nicely without changing springs. Be very, very careful if you try to do it yourself.

Last edited:

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I changed the rebound spring myself on my M60. Made it into a really nice trigger. Super easy

camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    Have you ever taken the side plate off and cleaned it?
    Nope, honestly I've never shot it but I was thinking of changing up my EDC and looked at this as an alternative until I felt the trigger pull. I get it smoothed out and spend some range time with her it might be a good match for me yet.

camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    It (SOUNDS) like a similar problem that I had with my 642 and unless you are very good with things mechanical, I would find a good gunsmith to look it over.

On mine it was the (hand) binding in the frame slot because of mis-fitted ratchet on the back of the cylinder. I took mine down from 17# to 10#'s DA and it smoothed up very nicely without changing springs. Be very, very careful if you try to do it yourself.
    I am mechanically inclined but I might take it to a good gunsmith any way because it does feel like 17# of pull. I am interested in the wolff springs too and for that much money I can't really go wrong looking at both issues. Thanks for the advise from everyone, nice to have a place like this on line since not too many places like this exist in the real world anymore.

Top Bottom