Mobile Security Camera System at Kroger?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I'm sure some corporate legal eagle thinks that ANY proof would open them to liability. "See! Proof somebody harmed me on your property. I'm suing you for damages."
    Bloomington Menards has their cameras mounted so they CAN'T see the parking lot for just this reason. There was a string of thefts and vandalism there a while back. Nothing on video, yet the corporate headquarters can see how many employees are at the Service Counter in real time. Follow the money.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I hope these people are wising up and having cameras with high enough resolution to actually be useful.
    I've never understood the point of security camera video with such low resolution that all it shows are fuzzy blobs moving around that even their own mother wouldn't know them. LOL
    Anyone that grew up in the late 80s and early 90s has the ability to make clear images out of blobs, funny colors and little to no help of background images

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    as the uniform LEO in side the store

The K-Roger at 10th & Shortridge on Indy's east side has had an off duty uniformed IMPD officer stationed in there for YEARS now.

USED to be an older guy who didn't look like he would offer much resistance or be much of a deterrent.

The feller I saw in there the other day looked to be about 6'5" and 2.5 bills of YOKED & tatted don't mess with me. Of course, he looked bigger with the body armor and all.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I hope these people are wising up and having cameras with high enough resolution to actually be useful.
    I've never understood the point of security camera video with such low resolution that all it shows are fuzzy blobs moving around that even their own mother wouldn't know them. LOL
    I watched TV - all you have to do is say, "enhance" or have some DnD playing hakker type furiously on a keyboard and it will be super sharp.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The state would need a warrant, constitution and all that. When a private citizen requests it, the business should cooperate. If they want your continued business.
    The state would need a warrant if the store wasn't willing to show it to them. The store can cooperate with them and then they don't need one.
    I'm sure some corporate legal eagle thinks that ANY proof would open them to liability. "See! Proof somebody harmed me on your property. I'm suing you for damages."
    You might just have a point.

Top Bottom