• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Pffft - Romney.

Boy I'm sure glad Obama got elected then this Romney dude. We could have been in some REAL trouble.......:rolleyes:

** I couldn't find enough purple on the internet for this post.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Is it time for a minimum wage increase to keep up with inflation? yes. Does it need to be $15/hr? No. Everything has gone up in price except wages. That's inflation. time to up MW to keep up. IMO, bump to $8.50 is reasonable.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Riddle me this economists of INGO. Which is better? Lower prices and lower wages, or higher prices and higher wages?

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Anything more than adjusting for inflation hurts me, the middle class. Burger king will pay their employees more, milk and bread prices will go up, and I'll still make the same and have to pay more.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Riddle me this economists of INGO. Which is better? Lower prices and lower wages, or higher prices and higher wages?

I vote for a vicious cycle where we hike minimum wage, which causes inflation, then hike it again to compensate for that inflation, which causes inflation, then hike it again to compensate for that inflation...

you get the idea.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Higher wages and lower prices. I'm a stoopid liberal so this is possible.....ask me how. Don't expect a cogent* answer.

* who says cogent? (att: printcraft)

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    These minimum wage hikes will eventually hit a ceiling. Then we will be like Germany after WWI. Something will come to a head eventually.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Notably, if we adjust for inflation based on what minimum wage was in, say 1975 when I bought my first vehicle, 1975 gasoline prices, etc., in 2014 minimum wage should already be $15 / hr. That would be just to stay equivalent to 1975.

This intentional failure of business owners to keep minimum wage on pace with inflation most assuredly has benefited the business owners for 40 years. Even if it was raised to $15 / hr. tomorrow, the business owners would still be ahead, having 4 decades of wage savings.

So, raise it to $15 / hr. now, where it should be, and raise other pay rates a like amount to where they should be, as well.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    The market should dictate wages. What if I make 15$ an hour based on my work ethic? If you bring it up to 15 you are penalizing people like me. You think my employer will raise my salary if minimum wage is raised? I don't think so.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I vote for a vicious cycle where we hike minimum wage, which causes inflation, then hike it again to compensate for that inflation, which causes inflation, then hike it again to compensate for that inflation...

you get the idea.

The cycle is going to continue unless the dollar jumps in value substantially. That's very likely not going to happen any time soon.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom