Please reply by conversation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    MitchNeff placed an ad for a pre 27 Smith and Wesson on Monday 8:01 PM.
    I responded by PM at 8:40 PM...to th8s day, he has never responded.
    I found his Gunbroker ad for the same handgun..see the
    Link.
    Now I have no issues with a person selling to whom and how they wish, but no response is at the least, discourtious .

At the very least he should lock his ad and mark it sold (and I agree that it's rude not to reply to your PM).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He has his shrouded Colt revolver cross-listed on Gunbroker too, so anyone thinking of it should be aware that it may get sold there and not get marked sold here.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Sounds normal not suspicious to me.

Cross listed item. Check.
    Nice collectible piece sold for asking price to someone with the cash in the bank. Check.
    Shipping out item to FFL. Check takes time.
    Second item listed maybe sold also. Check.
    I would just let sleeping dogs lie. Maybe there are better items coming from him in the future. Sorry about your missed purchase of a nice looking pre 27. Make a big fuss and the good stuff will just get lost on gunbroker.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Sounds normal not suspicious to me.

Cross listed item. Check.
    Nice collectible piece sold for asking price to someone with the cash in the bank. Check.
    Shipping out item to FFL. Check takes time.
    Second item listed maybe sold also. Check.
    I would just let sleeping dogs lie. Maybe there are better items coming from him in the future. Sorry about your missed purchase of a nice looking pre 27. Make a big fuss and the good stuff will just get lost on gunbroker.
    Maybe the bad, poorly organized sellers will go over there and leave us alone too.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    At the very least he should lock his ad and mark it sold (and I agree that it's rude not to reply to your PM).
    Marking it sold is required by the INGO rules. Not responding to PMs isn't against the rules and without knowing the content of the PM it can't be judged if it was rude or not.

@MitchNeff - folks are discussing your classified practices, you want to respond?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had a member ghost me as well. I put up a WTB, He offered at a reasonable price. I accepted and asked when would be a good time to meet and never heard from him again. (and he has been active here since)

I too wish he would have been a man and said "Sorry, man. I changed my mind and dont want to sell. Good luck." No problem with that at all. I can respect that. :dunno:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    MitchNeff placed an ad for a pre 27 Smith and Wesson on Monday 8:01 PM.
    I responded by PM at 8:40 PM...to th8s day, he has never responded.
    I found his Gunbroker ad for the same handgun..see the
    Link.
    Now I have no issues with a person selling to whom and how they wish, but no response is at the least, discourtious .

As to your actual question, this is why we have feedback. If members do this on a regular basis and potential buyers/sellers actually look at it, it can give you an idea of who you're dealing with.

MitchNeff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 17, 2022
    Greenfield
    Also I lowered the price on gunbroker and I forgot to lower it one here aswell. My apologies. I’m just trying to sell some guns occasionally not scam anyone. I don’t have to deal with this on gunbroker. I like selling stuff locally but I don’t like people crying over nonsense. Everything I list is at a fair price and anyone that has purchased from me will tell you that I hide nothing and I’m fair. Maybe I should quit selling locally and go make more money selling on gunbroker. I got on here tonight because I was going to list 3 more that need to go. But I dont have time to get on here to see if there is someone running there mouth about me.

MitchNeff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 17, 2022
    Greenfield
    I’m actually pretty upset that I replied to that guy and then I noticed hours later this little discussion. I don’t know where you all get the time sit around and worry about me replying in a timely manor.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I don’t know where you all get the time sit around and worry about me replying in a timely manor
    One reason people have confidence in the classifieds here is that the community keeps their eyes open. If you are only active in the classifieds you won't notice that.

You can use the community oversight to your advantage or not.

If you've got email notifications on for new PMs you don't even have to visit the site to know you've got a new one.

Most folks mark pending sales somehow, both to keep from being bothered by unnecessary PMs and so others know to look elsewhere.

Welcome to INGO, it's not quite like any other forum.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I look at a person post history. I’ve passed on “good deals” if they only post in the classies. If that’s all you’re here for then by all means there are better sites for that. We are here as a community. One of the last.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Also I lowered the price on gunbroker and I forgot to lower it one here aswell. My apologies. I’m just trying to sell some guns occasionally not scam anyone. I don’t have to deal with this on gunbroker. I like selling stuff locally but I don’t like people crying over nonsense. Everything I list is at a fair price and anyone that has purchased from me will tell you that I hide nothing and I’m fair. Maybe I should quit selling locally and go make more money selling on gunbroker. I got on here tonight because I was going to list 3 more that need to go. But I dont have time to get on here to see if there is someone running there mouth about me.
    I’m actually pretty upset that I replied to that guy and then I noticed hours later this little discussion. I don’t know where you all get the time sit around and worry about me replying in a timely manor.
    I'd take a breath and consider not alienating potential customers. We are a discussion forum with a classifieds section. Just sayin...

And yes this thread is locked.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom