• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    As per title… rented a place in illinoid for a year before buying a farm in IN. Still have a farm in MO. Couldn’t leave IL fast enough.
    I’ll have to be slightly incognito due to job/duties.
    Mid 40’s. Grew up hunting & fishing. Training bird dogs before I could tie my shoes…. When my kids were old enough to put venison on the table I went minimalist. Open sight .22 Hornet, bow, and other primitive means. (MO law is just center fire cartridge.)
    Currently building a “few” AR pistols for the family. Home etch and cerakote on 80%’s

Horses: too many
    Other money pits: too many
    Guns: never enough

Needs:
    Springfield 911 in desert fde, 9 or .380
    Springfield 45 converted to .460 Rowland

Wants: English setter
    Round baler. Getting too damn old and busted up for small squares!

Ate over 100 doves last year. Think Forrest Gump when Bubba was listing the types of skrimp dishes. Prime rib on the wing!!

I’d rather be predator calling than anything.
    ~G
    Welcome to Indiana, and to INGO!

I grew up in Indiana, but lived in/around St. Louis for a decade post-college. MO is a pretty good state for freedom. I think you'll like it here, too.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    As per title… rented a place in illinoid for a year before buying a farm in IN. Still have a farm in MO. Couldn’t leave IL fast enough.
    I’ll have to be slightly incognito due to job/duties.
    Mid 40’s. Grew up hunting & fishing. Training bird dogs before I could tie my shoes…. When my kids were old enough to put venison on the table I went minimalist. Open sight .22 Hornet, bow, and other primitive means. (MO law is just center fire cartridge.)
    Currently building a “few” AR pistols for the family. Home etch and cerakote on 80%’s

Horses: too many
    Other money pits: too many
    Guns: never enough

Needs:
    Springfield 911 in desert fde, 9 or .380
    Springfield 45 converted to .460 Rowland

Wants: English setter
    Round baler. Getting too damn old and busted up for small squares!

Ate over 100 doves last year. Think Forrest Gump when Bubba was listing the types of skrimp dishes. Prime rib on the wing!!

I’d rather be predator calling than anything.
    ~G
    Any grandkids?
    If so, check out the Free rifle re-revisited thread in the general firearms discussion section.

Oh yeah, Welcome to Ingo!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I grew up in a little MO town called Willard until I was a teenager. I had an English Setter, and dad had a Brittany, and we were quail, pheasant, and dove hunting every chance we got. Beautiful state. Welcome to INGO!

Gamori

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2022
    Lake County
    :welcome: 2 :ingo:from NWI

Thanks for buying a farm. Too many here in lake county are being turned into cheaply built, expensive housing.

As a carpenter that has built a lot of houses, I love seeing construction. I just hate seeing farms being used.

Here in NWI the tax man has been putting farms out of business for the increased revenue of the housing built on them.
    Taxes on the same $ amount house/land across the border was 4x+ higher than here for 1/7th the acerage.

Gamori

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2022
    Lake County
    I grew up in a little MO town called Willard until I was a teenager. I had an English Setter, and dad had a Brittany, and we were quail, pheasant, and dove hunting every chance we got. Beautiful state. Welcome to INGO!
    I was about 2 hours straight north of you. We ran mostly brits when I was little. Had an Irish setter, English pointer, elhew pointer, but mostly brits. When I hit high school I got a GSP pup. Long legged bird seeking MOAB missile that I wouldn’t have kept up with any earlier. She liked quail but lived for pheasants.
    Before I was born dad argued for another bird dog, but mom won. He still used me as a dog to flush coveys out of briars the dogs wouldn’t even go into. Then I advanced to his caddy… packing the old A5 light 12 between points.
    Kansas, Iowa, S Dakota, but mostly the MO

Gamori

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2022
    Lake County
    Welcome to Indiana, and to INGO!

I grew up in Indiana, but lived in/around St. Louis for a decade post-college. MO is a pretty good state for freedom. I think you'll like it here, too.
    A little better after July 1st. Had a ccw in MO. I’ll have to get in gear sometime for the recip laws.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom